Nicole Eire

WHV while waiting on decision? Possible?

Hi guys,

Wondering if somebody can share some info on this for me? Husband's prospective employer is a bit eager to have him start work and has asked if this is a possibility? We lodged an offshore application, ens121. Is it now possible for OH to get a WHV (he is under 30). I realise that DIAC would have to be informed etc, I just want to know if it's possible.

Thanks.

TRA Bricklayer submitted 19/07/11 - Technical interview 10/08/11 - TRA successfully completed 11/08/11 - Employer nomination (drc) and visa application (non-drc) applied together 13/09/11 - Meds 22/09/11 - CO 14/10/11 - VISA 17/11/11 - Flights 30/12/11 citizenship 09/03/17

My parents lodged 143 contributory parent visa 18/03/15

request for form 80/meds/police check/AoS 10/10/17

AoS process commenced 16/10/17 and completed 14/02/18 

Case officer appointed 12/01/18 

All docs submitted and acknowledged 15/02/18

2nd VAC request 12/06/18

Hi guys,

Wondering if somebody can share some info on this for me? Husband's prospective employer is a bit eager to have him start work and has asked if this is a possibility? We lodged an offshore application, ens121. Is it now possible for OH to get a WHV (he is under 30). I realise that DIAC would have to be informed etc, I just want to know if it's possible.

Thanks.

Yes in theory it is possible if he hasen't held a WHV before but...

If you have children I think you have to apply for it by paper application, you and your children can not enter Australia while he is working on WHV, as the visa states that you can not have dependents with you in Australia. Not sure how long the paper WHV takes to process but can be up to 8 weeks for online one.

Also he would need to leave Australia to have the visa granted and return to get it validated.