You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

gazsmith

5.11am 4th Nov 2011 VISA GRANTED

What a day! Out of the blue this morning our visa was granted and our dream future is on the horizon, What a rollercoaster ride with the most fabulous outcome, dont think its actually sunk in properly yet as our application seemed to be plague ridden and when we sorted one problem another seemed to rear its ugly head the last being my police check which unearthed a conditional discharge when I was 14 which counted as a conviction.

We did the whole process ourselves in 10months which I think I did pretty darn well considering the problems we encountered.

The moral of this story is if you want it bad enough you can obtain your dreams/goals in life nomatter what obstacles you come across, Dont give up until you have explored every route possible!

I will be so proud to live in Australia and the next obstacle will be citizenship!!!!

I will still remain to poke my nose in on here as its a fantastic site and know I will still gain advice and will need advice in the coming months prior to leaving(May12)

You guys have been amazing and I want to Thank you all as when our visa application had got us down with problems this place has picked us up and lifted our spirits and helped keep focused and positive.

Now a drink is in order!

Gary & Sue :jiggy:

Vetassess stage1 21/03/11, Practical assessment 11/04/11, State Sponsorship 23/05/2011, 176 Visa Application 28/06/11, C/O Assigned19/08/11, Meds 05/09/11, Pcc requested 05/09/11. VISA GRANTED 4TH NOV 2011:jiggy:

Congratulations! That's brilliant news and good luck with your new life....the next few months will be very exciting for you xx

Vic SS applied 03/11, granted 05/11, IELTS passed 09/11 score 9/8/8/8.5 overall 8.5, pos skills assessment 18/10 ,176 app 22/10, granted 16 Dec 2011!

Good news for you, congrats !

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Congratulations Gary and Sue!

It's a long journey but well wrth it eh! Where abouts are you heading and when?

Carla

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

Congratulations

Liz x

Warren, Liz, Paige 18 & Ethan 15

TRA Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08 WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09 CO allocated 27/7/10 PCs 9/9/10 Meds 27/9/10 VISA GRANTED 4 Nov 2010 WA 2/4/11 Citizenship ceremony 30/11/16

Congratulations on the visa and lots and lots of luck with the move..

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Congrats on the Visa, sure you over the moon. How did you get around the Conditional Discharge you received at 14?

Many thanks,

Paul

ACS :17/01/12, Approved:13/03/12 / VIC SS:27/01/12, Approved:16/04/12 / IELTS:12/05/12, Result:Overall: 8.5 / 176 Lodged:04/06/12 / PCC:04/07/12 / Meds:21/07/12, Referred: 30/07/12, Finalised: 21/09/12 / CO:26/07/12 / GRANT: 26/09/12

Congratulations Gary and Sue!

It's a long journey but well wrth it eh! Where abouts are you heading and when?

Carla

Hi and thanks for your comment.

We are heading to Perth and going in Feb to house hunt and validate the visa.

Will be making the move in May but maybe sooner if i find work! Friend of mine has a recruitment agency in Perth so hoping he can pull something out of the bag if possible!!!

Where abouts are you?

Gary & Sue

Vetassess stage1 21/03/11, Practical assessment 11/04/11, State Sponsorship 23/05/2011, 176 Visa Application 28/06/11, C/O Assigned19/08/11, Meds 05/09/11, Pcc requested 05/09/11. VISA GRANTED 4TH NOV 2011:jiggy:

Guest rickydavey

Congratulations guys.

You must be soooo excited

Congrats on the Visa, sure you over the moon. How did you get around the Conditional Discharge you received at 14?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi Mate,

The Discharge came as a shock as the police told me at the time that it would be removed when i hit 18, Turned out the law had changed not long after so i was stuck with it.

I had to write a stat dec about the whole ordeal, what, where, why! and what steps i took in life to ensure i did not have further police problems etc....

Was basically a combination of that and putting emotion in that statement to show that it was nothing more than a blip!

I feel so surreal at the moment it just isn't sinking in that im going to live in the place i have always dreamed of, Think i need to kick start myself and start to sort the moving side and just get my ass over there to live my dream life.

Gary & Sue

Hi and thanks for your comment.

We are heading to Perth and going in Feb to house hunt and validate the visa.

Will be making the move in May but maybe sooner if i find work! Friend of mine has a recruitment agency in Perth so hoping he can pull something out of the bag if possible!!!

Where abouts are you?

Gary & Sue

Perth is lovely - that's a bonus having a friend who runs recruitment agency!

We will be going South of Brisbane in March. :biggrin:

Perth is lovely - that's a bonus having a friend who runs recruitment agency!

We will be going South of Brisbane in March. :biggrin:

Think Sues mate is near Brissy!

We wanted SA but skills were removed from list when it approached July (think it was with new rules coming into force) so we got WA sponsorship and thought we will do 2yrs there and see how we like it, If not we will move to SA, loads of friends there that we met up with earlier this year, To be honest just love the country, have travelled around alot of it apart from perth so we are really looking to going over in feb to find our feet and a home of course!

Gary & Sue

Well done pal ,I'm waiting for that email ,hopefully in around 4 weeks ,,good luck too you pal

What a day! Out of the blue this morning our visa was granted and our dream future is on the horizon, What a rollercoaster ride with the most fabulous outcome, dont think its actually sunk in properly yet as our application seemed to be plague ridden and when we sorted one problem another seemed to rear its ugly head the last being my police check which unearthed a conditional discharge when I was 14 which counted as a conviction.

We did the whole process ourselves in 10months which I think I did pretty darn well considering the problems we encountered.

The moral of this story is if you want it bad enough you can obtain your dreams/goals in life nomatter what obstacles you come across, Dont give up until you have explored every route possible!

I will be so proud to live in Australia and the next obstacle will be citizenship!!!!

I will still remain to poke my nose in on here as its a fantastic site and know I will still gain advice and will need advice in the coming months prior to leaving(May12)

You guys have been amazing and I want to Thank you all as when our visa application had got us down with problems this place has picked us up and lifted our spirits and helped keep focused and positive.

Now a drink is in order!

Gary & Sue :jiggy:

Well done guys ,andi

Well done pal ,I'm waiting for that email ,hopefully in around 4 weeks ,,good luck too you pal

Cheers mate and hope you get that email sooner rather than later, If anything it was such a releif to get it friday as we have counted the weeks and the weekends were the worse knowing you have to wait until the Monday and wake up at stupid o'clock hoping the email is there!!! well that was us but think everyone is the same at that stage!

Good luck mate

Gary & Sue

Think Sues mate is near Brissy!

We wanted SA but skills were removed from list when it approached July (think it was with new rules coming into force) so we got WA sponsorship and thought we will do 2yrs there and see how we like it, If not we will move to SA, loads of friends there that we met up with earlier this year, To be honest just love the country, have travelled around alot of it apart from perth so we are really looking to going over in feb to find our feet and a home of course!

Gary & Sue

I'm sure you will love Perth - it's lovely! Good luck!

Guest juliemtaylor

fantastic news mate..

What were you doing up at 5.11 am??

Julie x

fantastic news mate..

What were you doing up at 5.11 am??

Julie x

Up at 5.11am as been on pins waiting to hear confirmation, such a relief and really cant wait to leave for perth, counting the days now, just booked for removal quotes but think we may leave almost everything and just take what we really think has any value.

Gary