what's next after the completion of Cert 3 in aged care, with a student visa?

Guest sheshe21

Guest sheshe21

Hi guys!

I am planning to take the cert 3 in aged care in Melbourne early next year, Jan 2012 to be exact. So I am supposed to get a student visa that is good for 6 months. According to my agent, this is the easy way to get to Au if you did not meet the required score of 7 in all subtest in IELTS. But after reading some related blogs saying that having certificate 3 in aged care does not give you rights to get sponsorship for a visa to work as a personal care assistant, put me in dilemma if whether I will still take the Cert 3 in aged care or I should directly take the bridging course and wait for July 2012 because the bridging course classes starts just every January and July. I am aiming for a working visa then permanent visa eventually. So does anybody know if having completed the Aged care course will not be allowed to get a sponsorship? because if that is the case then I'll be sent back to my hometown, right?

:unsure:Please help me on this! I badly needed your help. Thank you very much!

Guest sheshe21

Thank you Quoll for the quick response.. Maybe I just really have to ace the Ielts for me to be able to enrol in the bridging course.:unsure:

In the bridging course, you will automatically be given with working visa once you passed it, right?

Thank you very much for helping me out!:cute:

Thank you Quoll for the quick response.. Maybe I just really have to ace the Ielts for me to be able to enrol in the bridging course.:unsure:

In the bridging course, you will automatically be given with working visa once you passed it, right?

Thank you very much for helping me out!:cute:

I dont know that there is such a thing as an automatic permanent resident visa after a student visa - there will be no telling what the requirements for Aus immigration will be by the time you have finished your course. Your skills may be in demand or they may not, you never really know.

Guest sheshe21
I dont know that there is such a thing as an automatic permanent resident visa after a student visa - there will be no telling what the requirements for Aus immigration will be by the time you have finished your course. Your skills may be in demand or they may not, you never really know.

I think I used the wrong term, "automatically." Well after fulfilling the bridging course, you will then become a registered nurse which entitles you to work there in Au since you are already licensed. Is that right?

Thank you very much!

Ah, so you are a nurse? Much more chance of getting a visa http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Nurses_ANC/257. I wouldnt have thought that a cert iii in age care would be enough to be registered as a nurse however, even with a bridging course - most medical professionals in Australia need a degree of one sort or another these days and AHPRA is hard to persuade. If you already have the UK qualifications then you shouldnt have too much trouble I would have thought http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/visa-options-nurses.htm

Guest sheshe21

Thank you very much Quoll. I realized that that will cost me so much, and that it's not the best way to work there.

After contemplating on the said matter, I thought of taking the bridging course as it was really my original plan. I just want to ask what happens after passing the bridging program? Do they have a board exam in order to be a licensed or be a registered nurse? What about if you are holding the 456 visa or the short-stay visa that is good for 3 months-- does that mean that you have to file for another visa for you to be able to work? Or you can undergo a sponsorship from an employer? Do you know how does this sponsorship works?

I hope you can enlighten me on these. Thank you very much for your time and help!

Thank you very much Quoll. I realized that that will cost me so much, and that it's not the best way to work there.

After contemplating on the said matter, I thought of taking the bridging course as it was really my original plan. I just want to ask what happens after passing the bridging program? Do they have a board exam in order to be a licensed or be a registered nurse? What about if you are holding the 456 visa or the short-stay visa that is good for 3 months-- does that mean that you have to file for another visa for you to be able to work? Or you can undergo a sponsorship from an employer? Do you know how does this sponsorship works?

I hope you can enlighten me on these. Thank you very much for your time and help!

Hi I guess you need to have IELTS 7 band for the bridging course as well. My friends brother completed Briding course in Feb this year as he was Indian registered nurse and when doing the clinical placement during his course he have been offered a job as a registered nurese of course subject to AHPRA registration. But he had cleared english test before course. Now he is on 452 sponsorship and working in Melbourne.

Hope that helps.

...Mansawant

Guest sheshe21
Hi I guess you need to have IELTS 7 band for the bridging course as well. My friends brother completed Briding course in Feb this year as he was Indian registered nurse and when doing the clinical placement during his course he have been offered a job as a registered nurese of course subject to AHPRA registration. But he had cleared english test before course. Now he is on 452 sponsorship and working in Melbourne.

Hope that helps.

...Mansawant

Thank you very much Mansawant! Yes, this really helped! Wish you well! :cute: