Optus help - this is driving me mad :o(

paisleylass

Newly arrived in Brisbane. I need a phone number so bought a $2 Optus SIM card from the local Spar. I seem to have activated it fine but am having trouble recharging - it seems non-Australian credit cards are a no-no, and my UK paypal account is no good either. I'm genuinely flummoxed and have no idea how I can get credit on this stupid thing! Can anyone help?!

stay from optus mate

they have bad reception and bad customer service, had a dealing with them couple of years ago when I'm on contract with them, it took them 10 minutes to see my account details after multiple "please wait a moment"

better of with telstra pre-paid, so far the best reception in cbd and suburbs

and dont even bother with vodafail, i'm on contract unfortunately with them until next year

Sorted now, thanks all, I walked up to the 7 Eleven this time where I also bought 2 prepaid bus cards so we can get to Chermside later! Thanks to the Turbo Cap plan I now have a crazy amount of call credit for a pricely $30. Though call rates can be high on this plan, so let's see how long it lasts!

Thanks for the welcome fish, it's been a long day, been awake since 2am local time! But that means an early night which is great as we can be ready for our first open house viewing tomorrow morning, and we have another on Tuesday - hitting the ground running!

Proper arrival report to follow whan I'm less frazzled and more has happened :o)

Heheh, mainly went to buy a printer but Big W was shut so will go tomorrow after we've viewed a house nearby - shame as the printer was for getting our rental info together (proof of income/employment, copy of old rental reference etc) but will see where we get offering 4 months advance rent!

Also nipped into Coles and I was stunned by the variety of stuff - maybe it's just my tastes but I was surprised after so many said the choices were limited. For ready meals yes - though we got Thai curries reduced heheh - but I was gobsmacked by all the cheese! I had to limit us to 2 kinds for my figure's sake. Got kangaroo burgers too!

Sounds like you had a good day. If you are desperate for a printer, Officeworks is generally open until 9pm (I know, only 20 minutes from now) or open at 8am.

Good luck with the house hunting, we have just bought a house in Chermside and will be moving there in 10 days, so you never know we may be neighbours.