Northern Beaches Secondary Schools

Guest Sunshine7

Guest Sunshine7

Hi, I've been looking at Pittwater House and St Luke's in Northern Beaches as possible options for our potential move to NSW next summer and just wondered if anyone had any knowledge or information beyond the usual website stuff. My boys will be in Year 7 and Year 11.

Thanks x

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

We live in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs but have friends who live in the Northern Beaches and my understanding is that these are both excellent schools but very difficult to get into. I would think they would be a good choice, if you can afford the fees and get places!

If you're really keen on the schools I wouldn't delay in contacting them direct and wait listing your children.

Good luck with your plans.

Guest Sunshine7
Hi,

We live in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs but have friends who live in the Northern Beaches and my understanding is that these are both excellent schools but very difficult to get into. I would think they would be a good choice, if you can afford the fees and get places!

If you're really keen on the schools I wouldn't delay in contacting them direct and wait listing your children.

Good luck with your plans.

Thanks for your reply. I did ring them last week and there were a few spaces free but you are right, I will send in the applications today even if we then lose the application fee!

We were flown out to Sydney in September for a week and shown around by a relocation team who were excellent. Unfortunately, the schools they took us to were Knox, Barker and Redlands which we loved but are out of our price range.

I realise asking about a school's reputation is all about other peoples' perceptions but when you're trying to plan a new life this far away every little helps!

Thanks again :biggrin:

Guest shusselmann

Our experience in Sydney is that it's hard to get places at the best schools, we didn't think about this until we arrived although we have younger children so it was less critical. It sounds like you're ahead of the game having done a reccie and been in contact with the schools. Hope it all works out!

Guest Advice on northern Beache

I would also suggest Oxford falls Grammar school

please don't disregard the Public schools as a relocation guide I would recommend you visit at least one of them