PCC and FBI certificates from the US

path2aus

Hello All,

I have a question regarding obtaining the PCC from the US and I will appreciate if someone can shed some light on this. I have lived in 3 states in the US for the last 8 years, so do I have to obtain PCC for all the 3 states along with the FBI clearance certificate? If yes then how long do DAIC provide to submit the same? I heard that FBI clearance takes around 2 months. Is there any way I can apply for that in advance or do I have to wait for the DAIC to request for the same.

Also need to know regarding the meds as I am not aware as to how long DAIC provides to obtain the same and again the same question, will the time be sufficient to provide the meds and if not can it be done in advance?

Please let me know of the same.

Thanks.

Guest myhillg

It will probably depend on what visa you are applying for as that will determine how long it will take to get a CO.

As far as I understand both MEDs and PCC are valid for 12months from the date they are issued. The risk in getting them in advance (which you can do, called front-loading your application) is that by the time you get a CO they could have expired and you have to pay/wait for new ones. The advantage is that once you do get a CO - it can be processed immediately.

My girlfriend recently got US PCC and the state one (california) only took a week, the FBI one much longer (almost 3 months).

My advice would be wait until you submit your application, or shortly afterwards and then apply for the PCC - that way two months into the queue you should get the paperwork and HOPEFULLY you will be processed in the 12 months following that.

For the MEDs its a little different, depending on if you are onshore/offshore - Onshore, all you need is a booking number. Offshore - same deal as the PCC

Thanks for the response. I will be applying mostly for 176 (provided I get the nomination), that's the reason I was getting little bit worried with the timelines. 3 months seems really long. Did your girlfriend have to submit finger print for california too? If yes can the FP be got from the local police station?