Steveathome

Help! where do I start???

Hi, my name is Steve and i am married with 3 children. We are keen on moving to Aus in the next couple of years but could do with some help and advice on where to start, and what the costs of visas are? Etc Etc....

Thanks

Hi

Welcome.

The DIAC website will explain all the different visas. Depends whether your job or your spouse's is on the skills shortage list. For some visas you need to pass a points test based on your age, qualifications, experience etc.

What job do you do? Do you want a permanent or temporary visa? Where do you want to live in oz?

RGN (43) OH (47) 2 daughters (6 & 4):hug: AHPRA applied Sept. '11 & granted Jan. '12. Job offer June '12...e457 lodged 23 aug.'12..medical 28 aug.'12.. visa granted 6 Sept.'12!.. Arrived in Oz 4 Nov 2012.....!

I am a double glazing/solar panel installer and my wife is a hairdresser, both qualified but my occupation is not on the list, so we are looking for permanent visas and we are undecided as to which part we would like to move to.

:confused:

A sponsored permanent visa would either be an ENS which is points tested or a RSMS which is not points tested but requires you to work in a regional area. Both are employer sponsored. Your wife would need to find an employer willing to sponsor her. You have to work for them for 2 years under the visa conditions.

A general skilled visa is 'independent' i.e. you can work anywhere in oz. This is points tested and the average timeline given by DIAC to process this visa is about 18 - 24 months. The employer sponsored visas currently have a higher processing priority.

Hope this helps.

RGN (43) OH (47) 2 daughters (6 & 4):hug: AHPRA applied Sept. '11 & granted Jan. '12. Job offer June '12...e457 lodged 23 aug.'12..medical 28 aug.'12.. visa granted 6 Sept.'12!.. Arrived in Oz 4 Nov 2012.....!

Regarding costs?

Visa application

Medicals

Qualification assessments

Police checks

Shipping costs

Flights

Rental Bond.....

We have estimated that we will parted with close to 10k by the time we board the plane!

I think WA have Hairdresser on their state sponsorship list, so you may be able to apply for a 176 permanent visa with your wife as main applicant.

Justin

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19: