Police Check delaying 457 visa

4chizzel

Hi

Could anyone tell me how long it takes a supervisor to review a police certificate for a 457 visa?

My boyfriend is coming on my visa but unfortunately has a one off criminal record from 4 years ago. He never went to prision, was just given community service.

We sent the police certificate last week. Everything else, including medicals, have been finalised. This is the only thing holding us back and the case officer originally told us she would grant the visa the same day as the police certificate was received. I've handed in my notice at work and now were stuck here waiting for a deciosin and every time we ring the DIAC my case officer will not speak to us (she speaks little english) and she won't give us the name of the supervisior to explain whats written on the certificate.

Im fed up of waiting! I would be grateful if someone who has been in similar circumstances could tell me how long it took for them.

Hi

Could anyone tell me how long it takes a supervisor to review a police certificate for a 457 visa?

My boyfriend is coming on my visa but unfortunately has a one off criminal record from 4 years ago. He never went to prision, was just given community service.

We sent the police certificate last week. Everything else, including medicals, have been finalised. This is the only thing holding us back and the case officer originally told us she would grant the visa the same day as the police certificate was received. I've handed in my notice at work and now were stuck here waiting for a deciosin and every time we ring the DIAC my case officer will not speak to us (she speaks little english) and she won't give us the name of the supervisior to explain whats written on the certificate.

Im fed up of waiting! I would be grateful if someone who has been in similar circumstances could tell me how long it took for them.

Depending on the circumstances and the sentence, the matter may have to go to the “Character Section” for a decision before the case officer can finalise the application.