• Panda
    • Honey
    • Asian Black
    • Sun
    • Black
    • Rupert
    • Winnie

Guest guest37336

Following on from Robs pic of the Panda bear I feel it only right to ask fellow PIO members what is your favourite bear species.

It all goes toward research and will hope educate us in the ways of these marvelous animals.:idea::biglaugh:

PS. I KNOW A KOALA ISN'T A BEAR SPECIES.:mad::idea::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

I've always liked the Asian black bear and a sub species of that, the Formosan black bear. I don't know, just think the markings ares striking.

Alas the bear bile market (amongst other things) means many of these are kept in terrible conditions (mostly illegally) for their stomach bile and other bear by products.

The medicinal market for animal body parts is an awful awful thing and honestly, in this day and age there is no excuse. However, changing an ingrained part of a nations culture doesn't happen overnight (and often not at all).

Shame that these wonderful creatures are treated so just because its believed in some cultures that their body parts can help humans :sad::sad::no::no:

Guest guest37336
:goofy:It has to be Winnie.He is the only REAL bear on your list.:goofy:

I bloody knew it Janine, I have said this for years.:yes::yes:

Guest guest37336
I've always liked the Asian black bear and a sub species of that, the Formosan black bear. I don't know, just think the markings ares striking.

Alas the bear bile market (amongst other things) means many of these are kept in terrible conditions (mostly illegally) for their stomach bile and other bear by products.

The medicinal market for animal body parts is an awful awful thing and honestly, in this day and age there is no excuse. However, changing an ingrained part of a nations culture doesn't happen overnight (and often not at all).

Shame that these wonderful creatures are treated so just because its believed in some cultures that their body parts can help humans :sad::sad::no::no:

Yeah, joking aside Snifter the way some are treated is beyond imagination, as with many 'cultural' beliefs concerning animals I'm afraid.:no:

Guest guest37336
:goofy:It has to be Winnie.He is the only REAL bear on your list.:goofy:

On the other hand Janine, I have a feeling being in Darwin you may be suffering from the infamous 'Troppo' syndrome.:goofy::wacko:

I could have sworn once when in Darwin I saw a Crocodile in the harbour.:yes::yes:

Guest guest37336

I would also like to point out that just because I used the words 'Bear' and 'Poll' in the OP I didn't mean this, OK: :mad::mad::biglaugh:

Pole%20Dancer%20Copy%20Right%20Paul%20Knight%20Photography.jpg

But just in case some of the pervy members feel a little disappointed (I would have been,:embarrassed:) I have included the pic just to be 'democratic'.

Cheers Tony.

:wubclub:Has to be the Sun Bear :cute:small , cute .....but will attack just because it can ( also they remind me of my late gsd )

If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle:cute:

Guest sh7t man no way

i voted Rupert:wubclub:helped me 2 sleep when i wuz a little fellow:animal-bear:

Guest guest37336
i voted Rupert:wubclub:helped me 2 sleep when i wuz a little fellow:animal-bear:

He always gave me the creeps though Alan, with that scarf and the way his eyes would dim at times.:shocked::no::no:

?type=display

Guest Guest 47403

Tone you forgot the Drop bear :mad:

Guest guest37336
Tone you forgot the Drop bear :mad:

Bugger, I would have included it Baz, except the poll only allows for ten options.:arghh:

But I fear people wouldn't believe such things exist either mate, but we know better.:cool::cool::yes:

Guest guest37336

Only on PIO could a cartoon character (Rupert) be in joint first place with a Panda.:goofy::goofy::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thanks for bringing this highly debated matter into the public forum. i didn't even realise I had a favorite bear untill just now.

Tonight I shall sleep like a log, or next to one anyhow.lol

Chris x

Tassie Rules OK

Thanks for bringing this highly debated matter into the public forum. i didn't even realise I had a favorite bear untill just now.

Tonight I shall sleep like a log, or next to one anyhow.lol

Chris x

Same lol i really had to think about that one! ended up picking the panda :cute:

Guest Guest 47403
Bugger, I would have included it Baz, except the poll only allows for ten options.:arghh:

But I fear people wouldn't believe such things exist either mate, but we know better.:cool::cool::yes:

:yes::yes:

i showed my mum a pic of a drop bear lol she believed me haha dont think she'll be visiting! :P

Guest Guest16631

..............too hard to choose between the top 8.....................have never liked yellow check trousers.....:eek:........................so it has to be Pooh...................just love his philosophy.......................“Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering..............................."

Guest guest37336
..............too hard to choose between the top 8.....................have never liked yellow check trousers.....:eek:........................so it has to be Pooh...................just love his philosophy.......................“Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering..............................."[/QUOTE]

Never read/heard that one Tink, however it is my new mantra.:idea:

Thanks to you and Pooh.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::yes:

Hehy, hey, hey Boo boo..............it's gotta be Yogi!

How could we of forgot about him!? :no:

I refuse to vote on principle until the Drop bear replaces one of the fictional creations.....

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?