Speed of import approval for cars

Guest Roary

Help! How long does import approval take. We are leaving 24 Nov and now officially panicking as I hadn't realised this needed doing in advanceand haven't done it yet! Will we make it??

According to the website it will take 15 working days, but Kristian (Iron Chef) warned us that it frequently takes longer.

We submitted our app on 14/10 and hubby flies to join me on 8/11 - we fully expect that we'll have to leave the car with a friend in Southampton for a week or two before it can travel to join us. Be great if it can go when OH does, but I'm not holding my breathe!

Thanks all, will ask Iron Chef at the other thread. I think I'll just have to send the form today and cross fingers. If the car has to stay with friends for a little while before pickup then it can...Grrr. Just wish I had noticed that (I saw all the paperwork and have been gathering that, but REALLY).

It took 5 weeks for my approvals to come through. I shipped without the approvals as I too forgot. John Mason were not happy to ship without the approvals in place and I had to agree to pay for the return shipping if import approval wasn't granted. It all came through while the container was on the water so no issues at all.

Help! How long does import approval take. We are leaving 24 Nov and now officially panicking as I hadn't realised this needed doing in advanceand haven't done it yet! Will we make it??

Good luck, I mailed mine application from the UK 26 Sept, it arrived on the 6 October, end of October I had heard nothing, I e mailed them, they replied that my application had been received and would not be processed for a further 15 working days due to high volumn of applications, and it could take another 13 working days to process after that, they billed my credit card on 3th Nov, but I still dont know if I have it, I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what is happening, I need to confirm with shippers on 11th Nov or I will miss the boat. :arghh:

Guest jabs2468

did you complete the forms your self?

if so did you send photos with the forms?

takes up to 3 weeks

julie

Another question, while I'm checking to see if anyone has any answers on the ones I've already asked is

If and when you are granted an import licence ,do they email you to tell you ,or do you just have to wait till something drops through the letter box,as all this waiting and not knowing is doing my head in.

Kev.

Guest mikewheble

Hi Druid

Chase them up as the license for mine and my wife's car was lodged on 10th Sept three days before I came out. My wife came out on 2nd Oct and still no licenses...I chased them up and finally they came through yesterday!!! I am now organising to ship them from UK to Sydney...just cant't wait till they get on the boat

Mike

Good luck, I mailed mine application from the UK 26 Sept, it arrived on the 6 October, end of October I had heard nothing, I e mailed them, they replied that my application had been received and would not be processed for a further 15 working days due to high volumn of applications, and it could take another 13 working days to process after that, they billed my credit card on 3th Nov, but I still dont know if I have it, I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what is happening, I need to confirm with shippers on 11th Nov or I will miss the boat. :arghh: