Minor Medical Issue

grahamffc

Hi, I'm currently getting skills assessed for a 175 visa but am also in the process of getting a mole removed from the back of my head. It doesn't hurt and the doctor said it is not a cause for any concern but that I can have it removed as it causes some discomfort when combing my hair or when getting it cut.

Just wondered if anyone could provide any assurances that it shouldn't affect my medical at all as I have heard that Australia are understandably quite cautious of granting a permanent visa to anyone with a history of melinoma's/mole removals.

I'll quite happily leave it if in any doubt!

Hi, I'm currently getting skills assessed for a 175 visa but am also in the process of getting a mole removed from the back of my head. It doesn't hurt and the doctor said it is not a cause for any concern but that I can have it removed as it causes some discomfort when combing my hair or when getting it cut.

Just wondered if anyone could provide any assurances that it shouldn't affect my medical at all as I have heard that Australia are understandably quite cautious of granting a permanent visa to anyone with a history of melinoma's/mole removals.

I'll quite happily leave it if in any doubt!

Hey graham

I'm not sure exactly on this topic but at my medical today the doctor told me only one in 1000 people are turned away from oz from this country on medical grounds. X

I dont think its anthing to worry about. Loads of people in aus get these kind of things removed its quite common here; in fact id probly say australians are more aware and accepting of skin issues then the UK. I wouldnt let it worry you. If ther was any concern regarding ur health they would see it in your blood tests. I had trouble with my medical coz my blood pressure was thro the roof, the GP who did mine just sent me to my own GP and asked him to sign me off a few days later.