Any graphic/web designer types on here?

Guest phill3parts

Guest phill3parts

Hey guys,

Signed up recently and wanted to start getting involved as I kick of my Visa applications and other bits in time for coming to Oz on a WHV next year.

Just wondering if anyone else on here works in the graphic/web design industry? My current plan is to head over and try to earn a living working freelance for local agencies. Would definitely welcome anyone with any experience of this kind of stuff...

The visions of building websites on Bondi Beach with my laptop and a beer are definitely quite appealing on this dreary October Monday morning!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phill3parts

Thanks! Yeah, I'm having to be quite careful and not get too ahead of myself!

Going to resurrect a few old UK contacts to fall back on work-wise if finding new clients in Oz proves challenging...

Hi Phill3parts,

Im a qualified Graphic Designer for 11 years now. We (myself, DH and 2 boys) are hoping to somehow get to Perth, but hit with one wall after another. We're after PR visa's but hit with the location, my occupation is on SOL list for Sydney and Canberra from what I can remember and we're looking to go to Perth. My DH is in timber frame construction and project management in the past and hit with other walls, as he has been working in different sector... Which leave us looking for the jobs first and then getting the 457 visa (would personally prefer PR Visa) oh I could go on...

There is a fair few positions available on seek.com.au for graphic designers, alot part time and freelance from what I can remember. Most of my experience is within newspaper production and finding something similar in Perth is proving difficult. I have dabbled only a little in Web design, but from researching job site in Australia, or even Ireland and UK, I think i need to get the finger out and get some web design experience and courses together and update myself.

Sorry a little longwinded....:rolleyes:

Hope you find something to get you out there and best of luck in your search...

Vindee2011