State Sponsorship / Vetassess for WA

Minxey

Guest vickchick70
How long did ur assessments take. did u get them done through Vetassess or someother assessing authority. Which city are u planning on living in.

Hi yes my skills were assessed through VETASSESS - took about 9 weeks from them receiving them and that was with me chasing them. As it took so long I missed out on State sponsorship to South Australia and ending up having to wait 5 months for my job to appear on a state sponsorship list for Western Australia. If you take that out the whole process only took about 4 / 5 months from start to finish !!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yes my skills were assessed through VETASSESS - took about 9 weeks from them receiving them and that was with me chasing them. As it took so long I missed out on State sponsorship to South Australia and ending up having to wait 5 months for my job to appear on a state sponsorship list for Western Australia. If you take that out the whole process only took about 4 / 5 months from start to finish !!

Vetasess is taking 16 weeks to process the applications. I am really worried as I dont know how long Western Australia SS applications take to process. Dont want to miss this chance because of the changes in the Skilled Migration Procedure coming into effect from 01 July 2012. Just hoping ang praying that we can submit our application to DIAC before 01 July 2012. We being from Pakistan probably makes it a little more tough overall. It has been one month since we submitted our application with Vetassess and they asked us for more documents which have also been provided to them.

Well good luck to you and your family. Have you decided where you will be residing in WA.

Hi Minxey,

How far have you reached with your process.

Hello there,

Am relatively new still to this website - so forgive me!

I am sitting my IELTS this week, thereafter if everything goes smoothly, am ready to apply to Vetassess. My occupation is Office Manager, and I have told and recently looked at their website, they are State Sponsoring this occupation.

Has anybody any advice on this as I want to make sure that my forms are filled out correctly. I am doing this on my own - so no agent as they seem to just rip you off!

I believe the process as follows:

Sit IELTS

Have skills assessed

Apply for State Sponsorship - is this directly then on the WA website?

Apply for Visa - (if Sponsorship granted) directly to DIAC on website

CO appointed

Medical

Police checks

Is this right?

Any help would be brilliant!!!!

Thanks so much!!

:biggrin:

Guest vickchick70
Vetasess is taking 16 weeks to process the applications. I am really worried as I dont know how long Western Australia SS applications take to process. Dont want to miss this chance because of the changes in the Skilled Migration Procedure coming into effect from 01 July 2012. Just hoping ang praying that we can submit our application to DIAC before 01 July 2012. We being from Pakistan probably makes it a little more tough overall. It has been one month since we submitted our application with Vetassess and they asked us for more documents which have also been provided to them.

Well good luck to you and your family. Have you decided where you will be residing in WA.

We got wa state sponsorship in one week so it's was very quick !!

• 1 month later...

I am doing the 176 application myself. I am currently compiling required documentation for SA for VETESSES. My query is after completing the online SA with VETESSES do u get a reference no. to send the documentation by post, what company did people use and whats the cost

Is there a fee for SS for WA

no he got 7.5 overall and will have to redo the IELTS. But we are waiting for the Vetassess response to come through only after that he will redo the IELTS. It has already been 13 weeks since we submitted our application to Vetassess.

Did your hubby got 8?

I am curious to know, since I too need 8 (in each) to make my points 65.

Which country do u belong too. After to submit your application and fee online they issue you a receipt which has all the details, name, file number, category etc. Vetasses take a minimum of 16 weeks for the assessment procedure. Just make sure that u submit all the required documents in the first go to save time as July 1, 2012 will be round the corner soon and the new policy will be in place.

Yeah there is a AUD200 application fee for SS for WA. what category are you applying under.

Ms. Petite,

To begin with we are trying to do the entire process ourselves. For the assessments we submitted the application and all attested documents to Vetassess and are awaiting their response. As for state sponsorship we do have to show sufficient funds but i am not sure about the amount because the application for the wa ss does not ask about funds.

Getting all the paperwork ready for the assessment. For state sponsorship do u have to provide evidence that u have sufficient funds in ur bank account. I have been told by an agent that I need equivalent to $15,000 AUD in my bank account

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My application is also there at VETASSESS and as per them it was received by them on 13/01/2012. Post I receive my assessment result, I intend to apply for WA SS. From what I have searched on this website, WA is the only state which has got ample of oppurtunities for a bank manager and the best part is that it takes the least amount of time for processing an application.

I am also aware that the entire process of immigration is changing from July'2012. Post that it will only be dependent on them (DIAC) whether they invite us to apply for immigration or not.

Please let me know if we can speed up the process by any way. I expect my result to come by 13/05/2012 (as per the 16 weeks timeline) and wish to apply for WA SS on the very first day. WA SS generally takes 20-25 days to come, hence on the border line I expect that my application will reach DIAC before 01/07/2012, but not sure as VETASSESS might take 20 weeks also (after reading posts from other members on this forum).

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good Luck....vasandanivikram... hope it works out for you. have you done the IELTS exam if u have how did u score. what profession have u applied in....

@ priscillagonsalves: did u get your Vetassess result? Are u going to apply for WA sponsorship? And how about your IELTS, is it 8 now?

Guest marcella

Hi,

Im in the process of about to apply for Property Manger for WA, I plan on doing it myself but am unsure of a couple of things I would be delighted if someone can help. What is Band 8? Also, Im just a bit confused because Ive only realised my occupation is on the WA List, if you are accepted do you then have to apply seperately to DIAC, I must sound so stupid, but Im just trying to gather as much information as possible.

Thanks.

Marcella

Guest marcella
Hi Guys,

My application is also there at VETASSESS and as per them it was received by them on 13/01/2012. Post I receive my assessment result, I intend to apply for WA SS. From what I have searched on this website, WA is the only state which has got ample of oppurtunities for a bank manager and the best part is that it takes the least amount of time for processing an application.

I am also aware that the entire process of immigration is changing from July'2012. Post that it will only be dependent on them (DIAC) whether they invite us to apply for immigration or not.

Please let me know if we can speed up the process by any way. I expect my result to come by 13/05/2012 (as per the 16 weeks timeline) and wish to apply for WA SS on the very first day. WA SS generally takes 20-25 days to come, hence on the border line I expect that my application will reach DIAC before 01/07/2012, but not sure as VETASSESS might take 20 weeks also (after reading posts from other members on this forum).

Regards,

Hi just in relation to the change of process in July 2012, have you any idea what this is going to be, I wasnt aware of this and I doubt if i would have IELTS and Vetassess done by that date, please help

Marcella

Guest marcella
Minxey

I have just completed filling out the assessment forms for my husband as he is also applying for the Office Manager category. i too am not using an agent as it is quite expensive to have one so i with the help of my family members are doing the entire procedure on my own. Hopefully i will submit everything tomorrow. To get a letter from his company was the toughest and i did not succeed fully so have to attach a statutory declaration instead. I have my fingers crossed. Vetassess takes 12 long weeks. My hubby sits for his IELTS on 11 Nov. He needs to score an 8 in all components. Lets see how it goes.

Hi can you tell me if your husband has qualifications in his field or does he just have experience please, I have over 17 years experience in Property Management but very little in qualifications, can i get Vetassess or am i wasting my time do you know.

Hi Marcella,

To begin with if you have the qualifications tat support your work experience go for it but just remember to make sure that you have every document in order and in support of your application. The documents you require need to be accurate. If you need any help let me know I will be more than happy to assist.

We got our assessment and they were unsuccessful. We dont plan on doing a reassessment. Its a waste of time and money. Still awaiting the post to know the details of the rejection.

Hi can you tell me if your husband has qualifications in his field or does he just have experience please, I have over 17 years experience in Property Management but very little in qualifications, can i get Vetassess or am i wasting my time do you know.

Guest marcella

Hi Priscillagonsalves,

Thanks for that, the problem is I have no qualifications except for a Certificate in Computers and Business Management which i did in 1992, do you think this would be ok? I just have 17 years experience, with a number of City and Guilds Certificates picked up for various different parts of Property Management.

Hi Priscillagonsalves,

Thanks for that, the problem is I have no qualifications except for a Certificate in Computers and Business Management which i did in 1992, do you think this would be ok? I just have 17 years experience, with a number of City and Guilds Certificates picked up for various different parts of Property Management.

Please refer to this for more information:

[h=2]Skill level[/h]This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience in Australia of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/p/property-manager.htm

:) You'll be Ok with your experience, don't worry.

Edited by huythai

We received the courier yesterday. It says

Qualification: is at the required level

Field of Study: The qualification is not in a highly relavent field of study

Employment assessed: The employment described does not meet the minimum requirement. tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks for the nominated occupation.

This is real BS because my hubby's jd is above and beyond what their requriement was. In fact what was mentioned against the ANZSCO tasks is all there as part of this JD.

DO you think we should write to them and ask for a clarification and then do a re-assessment.

Please refer to this for more information:

Skill level

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience in Australia of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/p/property-manager.htm

:) You'll be Ok with your experience, don't worry.