Temporary accomodation

Guest Dani231104

Guest Dani231104

Hi mates

I am arriving Sydney on January with my company, and I will be based in Lidcombe.

I am looking for advice about how to look for a temporary accomodation while I found the house for living, as I cannot rent the house directly from my country. I hope to find the house soon, as I know the area in which i would like to live, so my target will be arrange from my country as much as dates with houses around the area to visit all when i arrive to O

My question is what people use to do in this kind of situations, to get a temporary accomodation? Something that was not extremely expensive as I will be there as few days as possible .

Thanks for your advice

Guest Black Ajax

You've got to be on the ground to have a chance of renting anything. If you're transferring with your company - then shouldn't they arrange accomodation for you? Anyway - if you've got to do it yourself, you're really looking at a backpackers place if you need to minimise cost. Be prepared though, renting in Sydney is very challenging. There are lots of people competing for places that are avaliable - its very different from the UK - no going around 1-2-1 with an agent, just 15 minute open house slots where you walk around with lots of other people... be prepared!

Guest widesheds

Very true, the renting scenario is quite different in Sydney than that in UK. The thing being most of the people here rent in the same manner and that makes renting to be quite a dynamic process like things could change within a blink of an eye. The more adaptive one is the more will he/she be able to get the better of the situation.