Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Permission to take my daughter - father not on birth certificate

Recommended Posts


I am applying to emigrate to Oz with my 15 year old daughter. I see from the forms that I should have permission from her father to leave the Uk. However her biological father has had no contact(I left him during my pregnancy) and he lives on another continent( not Oz) There is a blank on her birth certificate under father's name.


I am assuming therefore that there will be no issues moving with her...but I though I would check?

175 visa lodged 17th Feb 2012 - secondary school teacher plus hubby(nurse) and daughter 16. CO 30/05/12, PCC june, meds 20 June paper arrived Sydney 03/08/12, referred (hubby and me) 8th August, visa granted 26/10/12!!!!:biggrin:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would be best to speak to immigration directly, I left new Zealand in similar circumstances with no contact from my daughters dad ever and had no issues getting her a UK passport and entry to the UK.

I am now applying for Australia with a step son however we needed a statutory declaration signed by his mum as she was on the birth certificate. Immigration in London were really helpful.

Good luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my daughter with me to Australia without the need for her father's permission. He is also not named on her birth certificate and has had no real contact with her. I had no issues with the visa or immigration.

ENS 121 Occupation: Office Manager. Vetassess success letter received 01/06/11. Nomination and Application lodged 29/06/11 Melbourne. Payment/Acknowledgement 30/06/11. CO 13/12/11 requesting repeat information. Pre-grant letter 22/12/11 PR GRANTED 03/01/2012

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest samlee23

I am in the same situation with no father on the birth certificate and had no problems with bringing my son here, the only document they needed was the birth certificate.


Good luck Sam

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now