Medicals stress!!

Guest NeilanGemz

Guest NeilanGemz

Hi Guys

Had our medicals thursday and during the examination they picked up a heart murmur on me!! the GP there said that due to the fact that I'm only 31 and physically fit (I'm a gym buff) it is probably just the sound of blood flowing around the heart. I've now got to see a cardiologist to be given the all clear. Has anyone else come across this as I'm trying to find out how long it is likely to set me back. We we're on course to have our visa granted before the end of November until this happened, aahhhhhhhh!!

Help Please:mad:

I've had one and its never been an issue. Had all the medical tests done and ultrasounds etc. Was given the all clear. Certainly never stopped me doing anything or caused any health woes.

The tests are straightforward enough. Ultrasound, ECG and so on IIRC. Also spoke to one of the Doctors after the tests for a chat and he looked over the findings also and said all was ok. Within parameters and all that. Results reviewed by a consultant who agreed with the findings and report sent to my GP.

This wasn't anything to do with the medical for a visa that my murmur was discovered btw. Something else totally.

Try not to worry mate, my mrs had a similar problem with her medical but it did'nt cause a big hold up with the visa... i'm sure you'll be fine.

Sorry i can't be any real help... but we were also worried and it turned out to be nothing...things are rarely as bad as we expect them to be.

Guest NeilanGemz

Thanks for the replies guys

Made me feel much better, I think I kinda know that there is most likely nothing wrong with me but anything heart related is worrying. I think I'm mainly worried about the delay it will have on our visa being granted. We were hoping to have the option of staying when we are over there chrimbo time. We fly out to thailand on the 28th but don't actually get to Oz until the 8th December but I'm thinking that I haven't got a chance of getting it in time now. The UK health service isn't known for its speedy actions :mad: and I have to be checked over by a cardiologist and given the all clear.

Oh well I guess we will be coming back for a few months at least now.

Toolbox - How long did it delay your visa ap when your Mrs had the same issue?

Cheers

Neil

Thanks for the replies guys

Made me feel much better, I think I kinda know that there is most likely nothing wrong with me but anything heart related is worrying. I think I'm mainly worried about the delay it will have on our visa being granted. We were hoping to have the option of staying when we are over there chrimbo time. We fly out to thailand on the 28th but don't actually get to Oz until the 8th December but I'm thinking that I haven't got a chance of getting it in time now. The UK health service isn't known for its speedy actions :mad: and I have to be checked over by a cardiologist and given the all clear.

Oh well I guess we will be coming back for a few months at least now.

Toolbox - How long did it delay your visa ap when your Mrs had the same issue?

Cheers

Neil

If things taking long time with NHS, maybe you could try to see a Priviate Cardiologist - dont know if you have private health insurance, if not a conseltation at BMI hospitals is about £130 (might be bit more but thats how much it was to see ENT COnsultant and same for Dermatoligist COnsultant at the BMI hospital in ABdn)

Hope you get it sorted soon.:smile::smile:

Guest NeilanGemz
If things taking long time with NHS, maybe you could try to see a Priviate Cardiologist - dont know if you have private health insurance, if not a conseltation at BMI hospitals is about £130 (might be bit more but thats how much it was to see ENT COnsultant and same for Dermatoligist COnsultant at the BMI hospital in ABdn)

Hope you get it sorted soon.:smile::smile:

Hiya

Thanks for that, I was thinking about going private just to push things along, I'm at the doctors Monday morning to get refferred, I'll find out how long it is likely to take, if only a week I'll wait, I probably will go private if it takes any longer than that.

Thanks again

Hiya

Thanks for that, I was thinking about going private just to push things along, I'm at the doctors Monday morning to get refferred, I'll find out how long it is likely to take, if only a week I'll wait, I probably will go private if it takes any longer than that.

Thanks again

I went private for my abdominal ultrasound as I wanted it done asap. Booked an appointment for the same week. A few years ago now, it cost around £180. A Nuffield hospital. Was lovely and had results pretty much at the time as it was a consultant did the scan and was able to tell me then and there what was what.

Later ones I had done on the NHS but the wait wasn't too long. About 4 weeks iirc. Luck of the draw tbh with the wait. But its never been too bad I have to say.

Guest NeilanGemz
I went private for my abdominal ultrasound as I wanted it done asap. Booked an appointment for the same week. A few years ago now, it cost around £180. A Nuffield hospital. Was lovely and had results pretty much at the time as it was a consultant did the scan and was able to tell me then and there what was what.

Later ones I had done on the NHS but the wait wasn't too long. About 4 weeks iirc. Luck of the draw tbh with the wait. But its never been too bad I have to say.

Cheers Pal.

I've got an appointment at the doctors tomorrow to get referred. My dad & uncle died of a heart attack so I'm going to really play on that to try and get an appointment ASAP. To be fair it is quite worrying and I'm quite an anxious person anyway which doesn't help.

I can't see it being anything serious but fingers crossed anyway

Neil