Help with CPV and last remaining relative

gas trainer

My Daughter and partner should get Australian residency early next year. My wife and I plan to join her on a Contributory Parent Visa.

I am 61 years old and my wife 62.

We are both fit and well. My wife is a qualified and experience radiographer, still working part time. I have my own company delivering training and assessments to gas, electric and water industries. I am full qualified in all aspects of Gas, Water and Part P electrics Also Cert. NEBOSH (health and safety) and Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel and Development, Qualified Teacher (Cert. Ed.), Qualified Trainer (TDLB NVQ3 Training and Development), Qualified Internal Verifier, Assessor.

Both my wife and I have good pensions giving a current income, besides our work income. We also have good savings and own our own house.

The questions I have are:

1. How much will it cost for the two of us to migrate?

2. How long is the process likely to take.

3. Are we likely to get work when we Migrate and would we need to do anything to get our qualifications recognised.

4. What is the cost of living in Australia relative to England. We would like to move to Brisbane.

Also our Son would like to Migrate.

He is 32 years old and does admin work for a theatre. He has computer skills, and does sign language. He would be our last remaining relative.

Could he enter Australia at the same time as us?

What would be his costs and how long would the process take?

What is the job/work position for him?

Thanks for any help

My Daughter and partner should get Australian residency early next year. My wife and I plan to join her on a Contributory Parent Visa.

I am 61 years old and my wife 62.

We are both fit and well. My wife is a qualified and experience radiographer, still working part time. I have my own company delivering training and assessments to gas, electric and water industries. I am full qualified in all aspects of Gas, Water and Part P electrics Also Cert. NEBOSH (health and safety) and Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel and Development, Qualified Teacher (Cert. Ed.), Qualified Trainer (TDLB NVQ3 Training and Development), Qualified Internal Verifier, Assessor.

Both my wife and I have good pensions giving a current income, besides our work income. We also have good savings and own our own house.

The questions I have are:

1. How much will it cost for the two of us to migrate?

2. How long is the process likely to take.

3. Are we likely to get work when we Migrate and would we need to do anything to get our qualifications recognised.

4. What is the cost of living in Australia relative to England. We would like to move to Brisbane.

Also our Son would like to Migrate.

He is 32 years old and does admin work for a theatre. He has computer skills, and does sign language. He would be our last remaining relative.

Could he enter Australia at the same time as us?

What would be his costs and how long would the process take?

What is the job/work position for him?

Thanks for any help

1. AUD$100000+

2. A couple of years

3. Don't know, yes

4. Question ill posed

Your following query is far too general to be answered on a public forum.

Guest guest36187

Couple of things before we answer questions.

Hw many kids do you have? Just the two? There is a balance of family test to meet.

Will your daughter be temp resident or permanent resident next year?

How long has she been in Australia?

Now to try and answer what I can of yours.

1. Cost of migrating.....

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/parent.htm#c

This link will break down the costs. It is not cheap. You also need to think of moving costs, shippers, medical costs if needed, solicitors costs if needed to certify documents etc.

2. CPVs take 18-24 months at the moment ( I think)...please don't quote me!!!

3. Can't help this one.

4. Cost of living is up and down. Some things cheaper, some dearer. fuel cheaper, some food dearer, insurances cheaper, healthcare can be dearer. I'd do a search of threads on cost of living for more information. Cost of living has changed here. We have racked up almost seven years here and fuel costs have more than doubled in that time....just to give u an idea of price rise.

Where in Brisbane are you thinking? We are in Brisbane and Love it here, always have. There's heaps to do in brissie and it s smack bang between gold and sunshine coasts, the hinterlands, zoos, theme parks.....it's all here!

Shout if I can help with anything else.

Good luck x

Guest cazbeckham

As long as your Son does not have a partner who has parents and siblings alive he would be your last remaining relative but if he has then he will not qualify.

I believe you have to be resident for a time before you can sponsor him or even your Daughter could sponsor him but you need to check on this.

We came out in October 2008 on a Contrib Parent Visa and it cost us around $70,000 plus a $14000 bond held for 10 years.

Your Daughter will need to be a permanent resident for 2 years before you apply

Time took us about 20 months but not sure how long the process is now.

Cost of living compared to UK - no idea we do not even convert money back now, we are managing on my OH work pension from the UK and although we lost around $900 a month due to the exchange rate in the past 3 years we had to adjust our living costs to compensate but we manage.

Good Luck

Guest guest36187

Sorry mum, she won't have to be pr for two years. Sponsor has to have spent a time in oz, usually two years but temp residency goes towards that. I got here in feb 2005, pr in jan 2007 and mum applied in feb 2007.

Guest guest36187

As soon as she gets PR then you should be good to go to apply for CPV! Good Luck mate!

If there is anything I can do to help, please holler! Happy to help x

As soon as she gets PR then you should be good to go to apply for CPV! Good Luck mate!

If there is anything I can do to help, please holler! Happy to help x

Thanks for all the feed back. Just need to check my qualifications and their acceptability. I would love to set up my own company or work freelance in providing qualifications in gas/water/electric/water and renewables.