Road Trip - Townsville to Melbourne

Ok folks, i have to get from Townsville to Melbourne in about 3 and a bit days....whats the best route?

Thats pronounced 'rowt' by the way, not 'root'......two completely different meanings in 'Stralian:confused:

If if you are totally Car less use Grey hound!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

No seriously if you do not have a car I would definitely use Grey hound. We did the same trip from Melbourne to Townsville in 2006 and we found them great! The trip did Take 5weeks though but I'm sure you will be able to do it in 3 days.

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

At around 2500km for the shortest route, you're not going to get much opportunity to stray from that if you've got 3.5 days. You could plot the route which goes through Dubbo / Parkes then Albury further down.

Figured i would get to Albury eventually, but its a question of how to get there. Not keen on the coast road, skirt Brissy, then round Sydney.

Was thinking Rocki, towrds Brisbane, then Toowoomba and down, gets a bit vague after that.

No sightseeing, apart from what passes by the windscreen, lots of Dare double expresso and Maccas, and about 8-10 hours a day

Mate, you can do it in 2 days, T'ville to Rocky, head inland to Wowan then south to Goondiwindi, through there on the Newell Hwy to West Wyalong. Keep on the Newell to Cobram on the NSW/Vic border, then on the Goulburn Hwy to Shepperton, to Seymour, then on the Hume to Smellbum.

Or...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=au&saddr=townsville&daddr=melbourne&dirflg=d&geocode=KefRc9Xb-NVrMbD-IH_x7gAF;KYH9EQ-vQtZqMeDnjCF1VgQF&ei=3v6qTr_WC4uwiQfFsOm3Dw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ-A8wAA

Cheers, Bobj.