rockola57

Are you happy here in OZ?

Just thinkin' there!Us who have not long moved here from Dear Old Blighty may be thinking we are the only ones who feel as they do about moving over here!Different circumstances dictate how it has affected us i reckon,BUT...overall we all sit down and think"is this right for me and my family?"What if we did'nt come here" :err:"What if we stayed back in the UK":confused:Migrating from The UK to OZ messes with your head IMO.For me i am real happy here in OZ,but strangely would also relish a return home,if circumstances decreed!:biggrin:Odd i know,but i wonder if anyone else feels the same?:unsure:

Guest guest37336
Just thinkin' there!Us who have not long moved here from Dear Old Blighty may be thinking we are the only ones who feel as they do about moving over here!Different circumstances dictate how it has affected us i reckon,BUT...overall we all sit down and think"is this right for me and my family?"What if we did'nt come here" :err:"What if we stayed back in the UK":confused:Migrating from The UK to OZ messes with your head IMO.For me i am real happy here in OZ,but strangely would also relish a return home,if circumstances decreed!:biggrin:Odd i know,but i wonder if anyone else feels the same?:unsure:

Always 'happy' in OZ Rock when I am there, no Nirvana, but still happy.

But rarely did a week go past that I didn't miss 'something' about Blighty, (normally family). Was never enough to make me 'want' to return, but the pull at times was very 'real' to me.:yes:

I have come to the realisation in my life Rock that I will NEVER be truly happy, wherever I am, as always want different things and places to see, but at the present time Australia still pulls at the old heart strings as Blighty does when I'm over there.

Cheers Tony.

I'm in a similar position. I think I could happily return to the uk, part of me would still love to be 'there', but am really quite content here as well...weird, nice.....

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Guest16631

.................I am for the moment ...............content here in Australia....................all but one of my children have grown up and left home ..............happy and content with what they have achieved here..................when my last son is no longer my responsibility and my lifes path takes a new direction maybe a new challenge of somewhere new or a return to a past life of nearly forgotten familiarality............the older I get the longing for things past does get a little stronger.............:wideeyed:

Guest Been there

You couldn't pay us to go back to that ****hole!

Guest Guest16631

...........................I suppose it all depends on your memory and experiences of where you left...........................mine were mostly good...........

Guest SandandDirt

Its the way our minds work im afraid.

You can have the house by the beach that you always dreamed about and worked hard to achieve but without the family and friends that you left behind, its doesnt feel right.

Everyone adapts differently I guess.

Guest guest37336

Sorry Been There, can't make out what that word is.

Is it sh7t, or the one you talk from?:wink:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:That has to be the best comment I've read in a while .Glad to see some people have the balls to tell the idiots where to get off.

P.S Can I borrow them,there is some real B' Poo being posted just lately.:wacko:

• Like 1

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Guest guest37336
:biglaugh::biglaugh:That has to be the best comment I've read in a while .Glad to see some people have the balls to tell the idiots where to get off.

P.S Can I borrow them,there is some real B' Poo being posted just lately.:wacko:

Go for you life Janine, all 'royalty' free matey.:yes::biglaugh:

Guest guest17301

No Rock...been here nearly 3 years now and went to the City for the 1st time in ages today(CHOGM in Perth)...on the way back I had that 'I love Perth and I actually live here' feeling where I shuddered to think of returning to live in the UK. I love it so much here....it offers me and my family so much more....

Guest guest57588
Go for you life Janine, all 'royalty' free matey.:yes::biglaugh:

Love that avatar Tony!

Guest sh7t man no way

we both agree on sumthin:jiggy:i dont want you back in the UK--its turned out 2 be a nice day really:jiggy:sh7t lifes good:wub:

Are you happy here in OZ?

Very happy, thanx.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Been there

You'd now it, it's where all the pommie barstewards are. Shouldn't you been there?

Guest sh7t man no way

its only natural rocky 2 have some type of emotional affinity 2 the place which was once your homeland--its all your memory's as a forming adult which will never leave you--ive travelled ,and lived all over the world but only recognize england as my true country of emotional contentment--mind you you can adapt--but sometimes it feels like second best--the only country i felt like i belonged other than england wuz south africa--still mustn't grumble life's great no matter where i rest my head--its the attitude you have 2 life that's the most important thing i feel--nice thread mate:cute:

Guest Dreamy
...........................I suppose it all depends on your memory and experiences of where you left...........................mine were mostly good...........

We had a really good life in England. Himself had a good job, kids were in good schools, we lived in a beautiful part of the world in a lovely village, blah blah blah.

We'd never harboured any desire to emigrate until Himself was 'invited' to an interview. Once we realised it was a possibility we decided that it could be a fun adventure :biggrin:

We love our life here. Himself has a good job, kids are in uni and school with out any apparent downsides, we live in a beautiful part of the world in a lovely 'village', blah blah blah.

I couldn't say that Australia will be our home forever - but it's certainly our home for the forseeable future.

Guest guest37336
You'd now it, it's where all the pommie barstewards are. Shouldn't you been there?

At last Been There something we agree on, at least I admit I can talk from my arse at times, come on, you'd feel better if you would only admit to it.:hug:

Pommie Barsteward, seriously is that the the best you can up with, I am a little disappointed in you.:no:

And why keep mentioning your own name in your OWN posts, anyone would think that ego of yours is massive.:idea:

Anyways, I'm off for a wee bit, try and enjoy your life matttteeeee, bitterness is NOT a particularly flattering emotion.:hug::hug::wink:

I love living in Aus, was a time when I wanted to live back in the UK, after I had returned there for a couple of years, hard to settle back into Aus life.

My parents migrated and they had a good life in the UK just that Dad hated the winters really. We lived in a lovely part village etc.

So my memories are good.

The problem comes when I return and its not like I remembered. Even from the time I spent a couple of years there till we went on holiday it had changed so much and then when we returned and spent three months there last year it was not the place we remembered.

We often talk about it and are sad, its the home of our families and our ancestors for hundreds of years but we do not fit any more. Too much change in too short a time. All skewed.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

I love living in Aus, was a time when I wanted to live back in the UK, after I had returned there for a couple of years, hard to settle back into Aus life.

My parents migrated and they had a good life in the UK just that Dad hated the winters really. We lived in a lovely part village etc.

So my memories are good.

The problem comes when I return and its not like I remembered. Even from the time I spent a couple of years there till we went on holiday it had changed so much and then when we returned and spent three months there last year it was not the place we remembered.

We often talk about it and are sad, its the home of our families and our ancestors for hundreds of years but we do not fit any more. Too much change in too short a time. All skewed.

Dunnit make you wanna spit!!!! Was looking at your place of residence...My uncle had a humpy at a tiny outpost on the very end of the Peninsula, a little place called "Portsea"...Nothing but 11 humpies, a tiny wooden "pier" and a thousand acres of teatrees.

Almost as I remembered it..

http://www.pleasetakemeto.com/australia/portsea/photos

Changed a bit since then...

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/portsea/photos/

Some good memories, Petals...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj

Righto. Mod moment.

I'm going to go back through this thread and delete some/all of the personal insults and mudslinging.

And am also asking that it not continue past this. Lets get the thread back to topic and stop with the insults and digs please. Any more posts after this one that are insults, having a go, whatever you want to call it, will be deleted.

Thanks.

Am unhappy in Oz and long every day to get on a plane and return to UK, or at least a place in Europe.

I am hoping that it will just take time to get used to this new life, not as if we haven't relocated before, just that this one seems to have knocked the stuffing out of me...

Maybe enough time will pass by and one day I will actually enjoy being here! For now I am taking each day as it comes, making the most of exploring and seeing as many places as possible.

If we were given the possibility of a return to UK at this point in time, I would accept like a shot....

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Dunnit make you wanna spit!!!! Was looking at your place of residence...My uncle had a humpy at a tiny outpost on the very end of the Peninsula, a little place called "Portsea"...Nothing but 11 humpies, a tiny wooden "pier" and a thousand acres of teatrees.

Almost as I remembered it..

http://www.pleasetakemeto.com/australia/portsea/photos

Changed a bit since then...

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/portsea/photos/

Some good memories, Petals...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj

I do think its a great place to live on the Peninsula must say Portsea is just a tad too expensive for me :laugh: Tent maybe

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Did anyone actually take any notice whatsoever of what I had posted above? I was and still am moderating this thread and am in the process of taking further action and yet some of you still feel the need to a) ignore my moderating and my asking to get back to topic b) posted carrying on insulting each other and c) continue to fail to realise or are ignoring there is a REPORT feature on this forum which can easily be used by anyone with an account here.

How to report a post that upsets/offends/contains spam links etc? Simple. Under every avatar on the left of the page is a small line of little icons. On/offline. Give reps. REPORT POST. It is a yellow diamond with an '!' in the middle of it. Click on it, write a reason why you are reporting a post and hit enter. All the mods then see this and can deal with the post accordingly.

If you really can't stand what someone is saying and don't wish to see a single post of theirs again, use the IGNORE option. The saying 'silence is golden' can then apply. I strongly suggest some of you find it and use it, at least for a while.

It really doesn't help you carry on posting replies to me in the thread regarding the moderation when you could PM the same thing nor does it help you carry on your little arguments and mud slinging when I had asked you not to.

Now, the lot of you posting here adding to the flames, cool your jets and play nice. Or else I might get a bit miffed :skeptical:

Thanks

snifter