Guest guest37336

How Long Is It?

Guest guest37336

Stop it,:mad:, I mean your 'fuse'.:wubclub:

I guess this changes with time (well it certainly has with me anyway) but how long is the old fuse these days.

When I was teenager I had a fuse that was never lit, very, very laid back me, THEN.

But I guess as I got a lot older the fuse dwindled in length and I would often find myself ranting and raving at the slightest things some times,:embarrassed::no:. Never boiled over into 'rage' I guess and never used physical force to make a point, but at times I guess you could say that I was a total moron.

But now approaching the big 50,:shocked::no: I find myself reverting back to my teenage years to a degree, where it takes a LOT to get the old juices flowing.

Probably more to the point, I pick and choose my arguments now, and for the most part can argue with reasoned head without blowing my top. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I do blow my stack, but now the more 'important' issues (as I see them anyway) make me feel this way.

Most things in my life that ONCE I would have been riled with are of little consequence now, or rather I deal with them far better and don't let it upset me (not to the outside world anyway,:cool:)

But has your 'fuse' changed, worse, better and the like. I guess it also depends on things that have happened in your life, past experience if you will, sort of nature versus nurture I would imagine.

But I am at a place in my life where I can now 'target' what I get riled with and I and those around me (who would say I was a complete and utter DICK at times,:biglaugh:) are a lot happier for it.

And if I do get truly riled now I have discovered that there is more than one way to skin a cat, without leaving a trace,:cool::wink::biglaugh:

PS. Take no notice of my avatar, that is Tarquin, (lives in the wardrobe and OK as long as the 'meds' work,:goofy:) who often uses my laptop.

Cheers Tony.:cool:

Guest Guest31881

When i was younger it was difficult to get my fuse lit, as I grew older it got shorter as I do not suffer fools lightly, but since being in Australia i seem to be more laid back again. Two years ago when I joined PIO my fuse could be short and I would often post on threads that I thought were just a pack of lies. Now i look at the threads and just think...... Do they realise how stupid they sound....

So definitely gone full circle, now its hard to lite my fuse.

Guest guest37336
When i was younger it was difficult to get my fuse lit, as I grew older it got shorter as I do not suffer fools lightly, but since being in Australia i seem to be more laid back again. Two years ago when I joined PIO my fuse could be short and I would often post on threads that I thought were just a pack of lies. Now i look at the threads and just think...... Do they realise how stupid they sound....

Very similar to me Colin, like you I look at posts now and again and think WTF, but 'try' to shrug my shoulders, (as I do in everyday life now), but eight or so years ago I could easily go 'off' on one.

Made my 'mistakes' with PIO as well, one poor fella on here knows what a knob I was in the early days (don't say it) but thankfully all forgiven now, and it truly made me realise, READ BEFORE POSTING,:biglaugh::biglaugh:

As I'm living through my 1st 'build up ' I think I have gone Troppo I'm cracking the ****s at least twice a day and my road rage is out of control !!!!! lol

Lets hope the wet arrives pretty damn quick and I can go back to my normal placid self.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Guest guest37336
As I'm living through my 1st 'build up ' I think I have gone Troppo I'm cracking the ****s at least twice a day and my road rage is out of control !!!!! lol

Lets hope the wet arrives pretty damn quick and I can go back to my normal placid self.

I know the feeling Janine.

Substitute the word 'Acapulco' with 'Darwin' though.:goofy::goofy::goofy:

[YOUTUBE]ZDO6_R_7S0Q[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Guest16631

..........remarkably long....:shocked:..........still get frustrated with bigots and the arrogant...........but have mellowed with age....( and the occasional glass of red ) ...............and only sweat the big stuff.........and then more a pop than a bang........:biggrin:

Never had a fuse before I had children and a husband! Was a lovely; chilled out, happy go lucky singleton! Great job, massive disposable income... wouldn't go back to that life but OMG I wish I had that income; those perks and that company car now!

Pregnancy + ageing = ....booooomm.. ignition! Usually over lack of money or the constant mess in the house. Thankfully despite it all I am still a 'half full' person and am able to calm down by counting my blessings... eventually.

If my DH is reading this while procrastinating in work... love you!

RGN (43) OH (47) 2 daughters (6 & 4):hug: AHPRA applied Sept. '11 & granted Jan. '12. Job offer June '12...e457 lodged 23 aug.'12..medical 28 aug.'12.. visa granted 6 Sept.'12!.. Arrived in Oz 4 Nov 2012.....!

Very short.... especially behind the wheel.

I was actually a lot more chilled out in my teens and twenties.

Must admit though, I get angry very easily, but "I forgive and forget" just as easily too.

PS. Take no notice of my avatar, that is Tarquin, (lives in the wardrobe and OK as long as the 'meds' work,:goofy:) who often uses my laptop.

Cheers Tony.:cool:

I like your new avatar, it's very err.... "original" :biggrin:

Where did you get it from?

Mines seems to be getting shorter and shorter everyday! used to be quite laidback, must be going downhill since i hit 21 lol

Guest Gothic Rose

I have an extremely long fuse. Its rare & most untypical of me to lose my temper. I may on occaision rant about injustices, but I never raise my voice. I will debate my point of view & can if I choose be razor sharp, but I never need to raise my voice & pride myself on maintaining a level headed calm demeanour. It doesn't mean I'm unemotional, I'm just not into wasting energy on arguments. I avoid confrontation as it is prudent to do so. However I will question others & face situations head on but calmly, I guess you could call me very cold tempered, I don't suffer fools, but I walk away & troublesome persons no longer exist to me. I've often been called cold for walking away & never looking back, but I'd rather cut ties than get caught in pettiness or arguments. misunderstandings can be cleared up but some persons are toxic & I don't allow such persons to rile me up & affect my mood. My approach to situations is pretty much emotionally detached, I consider as many angles as I can think of before making the choice of how I approach it. Maintaining my own sense of balance comes first, before reacting. That comes from my own up bringing in a non typical weirdo family.

Where fools are concerned, a very short fuse.

Cheers, Bobj.

I could have writen most of this ... certainly more mellow when younger, now i find little things irritating some i'm able to let go whilst others i'm not.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Up until about 5 yrs ago I had a very short fuse, so much so that I drove away folk who tried to get close and who had the best of intentions.

It was the realisation that this was related to "anger issues" which finally got me to "calm down" via steering away from the self-imposed conditions that made me angry (dealing with abusive parents etc).

I now live in my own world of close family and busy myself only with those things that directly nurture and benefit that world.

Yes, I still get angry and despondent about injustice of any kind perpetrated on anyone who is undeserving of that injustice, and particularly so when I feel that I am being "used". I have learned (only recently) though, not to "sweat it". That those who aren't important to me or mine, can only impact on my/our lives if I let them. They can say and do as they will, but are only harmful if I feel harm, so nowadays, I do my level best to just shrug them off and not to "personalise" matters. They are inconsequential.

I suppose the above hints at a kind of arrogance, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have simply learned as to what lights my blue touch paper and have decided that it is I who should stand well back, and not those with the match.

As the song says, "I am a rock"

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

On issues and people that mean a lot to me I have a very short fuse and can fight tooth and claw to defend what I love. Also do not suffer fools gladly, not even for 60 seconds. However, I have also learnt to let the small stuff go... And to walk away from folk who are just not worth it. I look forward to a time in the future where I will be a happy, balanced old lady who doesn't get hot under the collar and can live in peace!

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

same here, theres been many a time where ive felt like throwing my laptop or phone out the window when they dont work!

Used to have an incredibly short fuse when I was young and fly off the handle about the smallest things. Aged and mellowed about most things now ...although still like a good argument about things if I have a strong enough opinion on

So what if I can't spell Armagedon ? It's not the end of the world.