Do you have to clear UK debts?

gaznem

you would make a good fishing guide! you should move to where bob stays and go into business together lol. im the same i'll work as pretty much anything to make money for us but id definitely like to continue in animal care over there even if its volunteering while working elsewhere. id love to work with the native wildlife, bit different than cats and dogs!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest37336
This is about the weirdest transformation of a thread ive seen on here,from uk debt to guinea pigs,wtf!!:laugh::notworthy:

Well 'banks' and 'pigs' isn't too much of a leap Pabs.:cool::wink::biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
you would make a good fishing guide! you should move to where bob stays and go into business together lol. im the same i'll work as pretty much anything to make money for us but id definitely like to continue in animal care over there even if its volunteering while working elsewhere. id love to work with the native wildlife, bit different than cats and dogs!

I think Bob is too scared to ask me to join him. He has way too much Australian memorbillia that 'may' go missing if I'm in his house.:embarrassed::biglaugh:

This is about the weirdest transformation of a thread ive seen on here,from uk debt to guinea pigs,wtf!!:laugh::notworthy:

lol sorry thats my fault, i really need to stop it.

Back to the topic! so you can pay your debt while over there? thats handy. luckily we dont have any left, thinking of getting a credit card before we leave, just for emergencys

Hi Ben or Kelly, not sure which one, if it's Kelly,:wubclub:, if it's Ben,:hug:, that's a man hug by the way.:unsure::biglaugh:

It is amazing how you adapt to your particular circumstances isn't it.

You mention 'hand to mouth' in your post, and I doubt few 'actually' know what this means. Not knocking anyone who goes to OZ with thousands, fair play, but it is amazing how we adapt to what we have in our pockets at the time.:yes:

It would be lovely to go there with money, but if not, with the right attitude and years of practice you CAN make it work. May not be as easy, but nonetheless it is a very viable propersition matey.

The school of hard knocks does in a way make you more hardened to life's little glitches, and it's amazing what resilience and fortitude you have because the bad times have in their own way prepared you for 'life', if that makes sense.

Either way peeps, go for it and enjoy.:jiggy:

Cheers Tony.

Thanks for the manhug Tony :biggrin: lol :hug::hug: have some back for your great words :wink:

We've been living hand to mouth since I had an accident at work in Dec 2010. We've been in a bad situation for years and really struggled to make ends meet to the point where we fell really behind with our council tax and mortgage. Had bailiffs at the door threatening to break into our home and take everything (they cant do that by the way).

since I had an accident at work in dec 2010 things got worse!

The only reason we're going with 3k is because my parents gave us it! If it wasnt for them we'd be going with a few hundred quid in our pockets and the clothes on our backs.

The school of hard knocks certainly does prepare you for life. At the end of the day we have been given a chance to start over so to speak and we know where we made mistakes and theres no way in hell we'll make the same mistakes again!

Ben

lol sorry thats my fault, i really need to stop it.

Back to the topic! so you can pay your debt while over there? thats handy. luckily we dont have any left, thinking of getting a credit card before we leave, just for emergencys

Nice swerve stacey!! :biglaugh::notworthy:

Guest guest37336
Thanks for the manhug Tony :biggrin: lol :hug::hug: have some back for your great words :wink:

We've been living hand to mouth since I had an accident at work in Dec 2010. We've been in a bad situation for years and really struggled to make ends meet to the point where we fell really behind with our council tax and mortgage. Had bailiffs at the door threatening to break into our home and take everything (they cant do that by the way).

since I had an accident at work in dec 2010 things got worse!

The only reason we're going with 3k is because my parents gave us it! If it wasnt for them we'd be going with a few hundred quid in our pockets and the clothes on our backs.

The school of hard knocks certainly does prepare you for life. At the end of the day we have been given a chance to start over so to speak and we know where we made mistakes and theres no way in hell we'll make the same mistakes again!

Ben

No worries Ben.

Wish I could say the same thing about not making the same mistakes, never live and learn me.:no::biglaugh:

I know what you mean by parents helping out, they have been my saving grace at times, both financially and emotionally, and NEVER asked for anything back.:notworthy::notworthy::wubclub:

Very rarely mate will banks or 'institutions' take into account your circumstances reference being ill, you are a NUMBER Ben to them.:mad::mad:, I have little sympathy for banks mate,:no:

Whatever your 'new' life brings you Ben the very best to you and yours, long live 'experience' mate, just a shame that at times this 'experience' makes you want to tell the world to fluff off.

Good luck mate, when I/we get back over there we will have to meet up and put the world to rights.:notworthy::yes:

Guest guest37336
this is completely different lol but its like when you have a hamster or another small furry you think if they bit you it wouldnt hurt but it bloody does!! ive been bit by a hamster and a guinea pig and it was really sore! what do you fancy working as when you go over

Another point worth mentioning Stacey is that I 'may' get thrown out of the UK before I go voluntarily,:policeman::cool::yes::biglaugh:

Depends on how RAW UK is viewed when up and running and how my courses go in the OU with 'Political Philosophy', and 'Power, Dissent, and Equality' go.:yes::yes:

Always been one to 'buck' the system, well maybe not 'buck' anyway.:no::biglaugh:

No worries Ben.

Wish I could say the same thing about not making the same mistakes, never live and learn me.:no::biglaugh:

I know what you mean by parents helping out, they have been my saving grace at times, both financially and emotionally, and NEVER asked for anything back.:notworthy::notworthy::wubclub:

Very rarely mate will banks or 'institutions' take into account your circumstances reference being ill, you are a NUMBER Ben to them.:mad::mad:, I have little sympathy for banks mate,:no:

Whatever your 'new' life brings you Ben the very best to you and yours, long live 'experience' mate, just a shame that at times this 'experience' makes you want to tell the world to fluff off.

Good luck mate, when I/we get back over there we will have to meet up and put the world to rights.:notworthy::yes:

sound exactly the same as my parents! They do sometimes moan at me but they've never asked for anything back.

we have had nothing but trouble with our mortgage company for the past 7 years. They are scum tbh. They dont like me cos I dont take their BS.

Where you headed in Oz? We're off to Perth but we want to visit pretty much everywhere :biggrin:

Good luck and I hope you and yours get there soon buddy

Guest guest37336
sound exactly the same as my parents! They do sometimes moan at me but they've never asked for anything back.

we have had nothing but trouble with our mortgage company for the past 7 years. They are scum tbh. They dont like me cos I dont take their BS.

Where you headed in Oz? We're off to Perth but we want to visit pretty much everywhere :biggrin:

Good luck and I hope you and yours get there soon buddy

Got repossessed many moons ago Ben after a divorce,:mad:, took no notice at all of the circumstances, and has left a very sour taste mate.:realmad:

Off to Cairns in all likelihood, but have lived and worked in Perth/WA for several years, IMO a lovely part of OZ.:yes:

Have a wander around Ben, make the most of your new life mate. If you see a middle aged backpacker on a road to nowhere somewhere up Northern WA stop and have a cuppa mate.

Love it 'up' there and if possible me and the good lady will do a bit of traveling before settling in Cairns again.:jiggy:

Got repossessed many moons ago Ben after a divorce,:mad:, took no notice at all of the circumstances, and has left a very sour taste mate.:realmad:

Off to Cairns in all likelihood, but have lived and worked in Perth/WA for several years, IMO a lovely part of OZ.:yes:

Have a wander around Ben, make the most of your new life mate. If you see a middle aged backpacker on a road to nowhere somewhere up Northern WA stop and have a cuppa mate.

Love it 'up' there and if possible me and the good lady will do a bit of traveling before settling in Cairns again.:jiggy:

Think we are going to have to go down the voluntary repossession route tbh.

Your right they are don't take any notice of your circumstances at all.

I will be doing a bit of travelling with my new job so thats good as I love travelling!

I'll be sure to look out for a middle aged backpacker wandering around :wink: