Do you have to clear UK debts?

gaznem

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt cost everyone tens of thousands.. if dave can get a sponsor and has a job waiting for him then we will be going with less than 5k and our suitcases. call us stupid if you want but we're determined to make it work!

We will be doing exactly the same and also be going with less than 5k. Will not be shipping anything over will just take out suitcases. I do not think your stupid because if someone is that determined money is not everything and you can always build up again once over.

We will be doing exactly the same and also be going with less than 5k. Will not be shipping anything over will just take out suitcases. I do not think your stupid because if someone is that determined money is not everything and you can always build up again once over.

it might be a bit less than 5k if we go early than next year, not sure if thats a recipe for disaster but only one way of finding out! dave will have a job waiting so that helps and maybe a employer would help out with accomodation for the first few weeks. just have to see. We lived in furnished private rental so dont have anything to ship anyway and now we've moved back in with parents instead of renewing the lease, its just to save money for oz and so far seems to be working. so it'll just be the suitcases! not snobby at all so more than happy to do something like a house share for the first few months or so, no kids so thats another thing that makes it slightly easier. hopefully it'll work out :goofy:

Guest jimmyoz
No one knows, but what I do know is that I have no respect people who have financed their lifestyle with loans and then do a bunk and try and cheat the people who have lent them the money in good faith.

How do you know these people haven't financed there lifestyles, but financed there everyday needs, such as food, clothing, heating all the everyday things they need etc..

People can be upto date with all there payments one day, and the next they could not due to what ever reasons, and they will not get any help the bank!

The OP does not indicate that they have any intention of not paying off debts. All they asked is if they have to clear them before they go. The answer is they don't but they should continue to pay them off in Oz if they leave any debts behind.

Best answer of the thread

it might be a bit less than 5k if we go early than next year, not sure if thats a recipe for disaster but only one way of finding out! dave will have a job waiting so that helps and maybe a employer would help out with accomodation for the first few weeks. just have to see. We lived in furnished private rental so dont have anything to ship anyway and now we've moved back in with parents instead of renewing the lease, its just to save money for oz and so far seems to be working. so it'll just be the suitcases! not snobby at all so more than happy to do something like a house share for the first few months or so, no kids so thats another thing that makes it slightly easier. hopefully it'll work out :goofy:

We are a family of 5 and we are going with 3k.

we have been very lucky to have a sponsor who is paying for our flights and some accommodation for a few weeks.

I cant stand all these people who say 'you need at least 10 or 20k to move to oz'.

why do you need any money if you've already got a job to go to??

Also we have a house in the uk that we cannot sell and the mortgage co will not let us rent it. We cant get a RTB mortgage as we dont have 30% + deposit.

We are a family of 5 and we are going with 3k.

we have been very lucky to have a sponsor who is paying for our flights and some accommodation for a few weeks.

I cant stand all these people who say 'you need at least 10 or 20k to move to oz'.

why do you need any money if you've already got a job to go to??

Also we have a house in the uk that we cannot sell and the mortgage co will not let us rent it. We cant get a RTB mortgage as we dont have 30% + deposit.

hey benandkelly thanks for your post :wubclub: makes me feel better, i was hoping 2 or 3k would be enough for me and dave to start with, we dont have a sponsor yet so obviously if we dont find one for a while then we'll have more money to go with. I agree i dont see why everyone needs lots and lots of money, obv its great to go with loads but some people manage without. people go on whv with just $3k and manage. The company we're in contact with offer help with relocation too, i assume that will be flights and hopefully a few weeks accomodation. Just have to see what happens! best of luck to you :hug:

hey benandkelly thanks for your post :wubclub: makes me feel better, i was hoping 2 or 3k would be enough for me and dave to start with, we dont have a sponsor yet so obviously if we dont find one for a while then we'll have more money to go with. I agree i dont see why everyone needs lots and lots of money, obv its great to go with loads but some people manage without. people go on whv with just $3k and manage. The company we're in contact with offer help with relocation too, i assume that will be flights and hopefully a few weeks accomodation. Just have to see what happens! best of luck to you :hug:

Your very welcome. It would be great to go with loads of money but hey, we've never had money and lived hand to mouth for way too long here. I wish you both luck in getting a sponsor. what work does your OH do?

Your very welcome. It would be great to go with loads of money but hey, we've never had money and lived hand to mouth for way too long here. I wish you both luck in getting a sponsor. what work does your OH do?

hes a excavator operator but he also worked on the overhead powerlines so we're looking to see if hes eligible to be sponsored as a linesworker, there was a company in our local paper advertising for linesworkers in WA so he rang them up n had a chat. sent all his qualifications etc and they seem happy enough so their sending us to speak to the employers at a expo next month. Not holding any hopes but at least its a lead! We're the exact same, dave works a really long week and never seems to have much to show for it, we moved back in with parents so we could save up more money for oz. I'm not sure what the wages for linesworker are like but he can make good money on the machines and really good money if he went to work in the mines

Guest guest37336

Hi Ben or Kelly, not sure which one, if it's Kelly,:wubclub:, if it's Ben,:hug:, that's a man hug by the way.:unsure::biglaugh:

It is amazing how you adapt to your particular circumstances isn't it.

You mention 'hand to mouth' in your post, and I doubt few 'actually' know what this means. Not knocking anyone who goes to OZ with thousands, fair play, but it is amazing how we adapt to what we have in our pockets at the time.:yes:

It would be lovely to go there with money, but if not, with the right attitude and years of practice you CAN make it work. May not be as easy, but nonetheless it is a very viable propersition matey.

The school of hard knocks does in a way make you more hardened to life's little glitches, and it's amazing what resilience and fortitude you have because the bad times have in their own way prepared you for 'life', if that makes sense.

Either way peeps, go for it and enjoy.:jiggy:

Cheers Tony.

Have you tried any of the mining companies? They seem to sponsor and they pay very well too.

Good luck in getting to Oz. We're heading to Perth on the 8th November. Well we are if Qantas sort themselves out by then!!

Yep tried a few companies, they dont seem to be interested unless you are under 30 so can get a working holiday visa then they'll sponsor once your over. at the expo we're going to they have advertised for excavator operators, we've been told by someone else that they chances are they will only be looking for whv people but going to try anyway! maybe they'll feel sorry for us lol. wow thats sooo soon!! you must be very excited! :jiggy:

Hi Ben or Kelly, not sure which one, if it's Kelly,:wubclub:, if it's Ben,:hug:, that's a man hug by the way.:unsure::biglaugh:

It is amazing how you adapt to your particular circumstances isn't it.

You mention 'hand to mouth' in your post, and I doubt few 'actually' know what this means. Not knocking anyone who goes to OZ with thousands, fair play, but it is amazing how we adapt to what we have in our pockets at the time.:yes:

It would be lovely to go there with money, but if not, with the right attitude and years of practice you CAN make it work. May not be as easy, but nonetheless it is a very viable propersition matey.

The school of hard knocks does in a way make you more hardened to life's little glitches, and it's amazing what resilience and fortitude you have because the bad times have in their own way prepared you for 'life', if that makes sense.

Either way peeps, go for it and enjoy.:jiggy:

Cheers Tony.

exactly tony, if you never had much money in the first place then you just have to try your best over there and hopefully if you work hard then you'll be a bit better off. i think i might have to survive on toast for the first month or two lol :laugh:

Guest guest37336
exactly tony, if you never had much money in the first place then you just have to try your best over there and hopefully if you work hard then you'll be a bit better off. i think i might have to survive on toast for the first month or two lol :laugh:

I remember well when I went out there after my first divorce Stacey, I was staying in a backpackers called 'The Retreat',:notworthy::notworthy: and I lived on Doritos for weeks until I found some part time jobs.:jiggy:

Then the second Mrs Tosser came along and 'fed' me again (she was a great cook,:notworthy:) just a shame she then 'starved' me years later of compassion and love,:SLEEP::SLEEP::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
when are you and the family heading back over

Once we have sorted Ruth's meds out (very complicated) we are aiming for the middle of next year at the latest Stacey.

The two Herbert's are now grown up and have jobs which they enjoy, so it is unlikely that they will come,:cry:.

A ll I have to do now is convince Ruth that Exmouth is the place to be (BONEFISH,:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:). But in all likelihood Cairns it will be, as we know it well, and I can still go on the BONEFISH hunt as they are definitely there, just got to find the little buggers.

Job wise, I'm hoping plans here pan out and we can go with a few thousand dollars, that will allow me to make sure Ruth is OK before I head off to the 'flats' or get another job,:cry::biglaugh:

Once we have sorted Ruth's meds out (very complicated) we are aiming for the middle of next year at the latest Stacey.

The two Herbert's are now grown up and have jobs which they enjoy, so it is unlikely that they will come,:cry:.

A ll I have to do now is convince Ruth that Exmouth is the place to be (BONEFISH,:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:). But in all likelihood Cairns it will be, as we know it well, and I can still go on the BONEFISH hunt as they are definitely there, just got to find the little buggers.

Job wise, I'm hoping plans here pan out and we can go with a few thousand dollars, that will allow me to make sure Ruth is OK before I head off to the 'flats' or get another job,:cry::biglaugh:

Wow next year isnt long at all! i'll come to cairns for a visit lol. its a shame your herberts cant come but at least they'll get free holidays whenever they want lol. I keep forgetting about medicals, that'll be another thing for me to worry about in case one of us doesnt pass :arghh: next year will fly in so it wont be long till your fishing in the sun!!

Guest guest37336
Wow next year isnt long at all! i'll come to cairns for a visit lol. its a shame your herberts cant come but at least they'll get free holidays whenever they want lol. I keep forgetting about medicals, that'll be another thing for me to worry about in case one of us doesnt pass :arghh: next year will fly in so it wont be long till your fishing in the sun!!

Wouldn't worry too much Stacey, the meds should be fine,:yes:

If your up that way then call in, I will show you the 'heaven' that is BONEFISHING.:jiggy::jiggy:

Not allowed to get bored though, there's always the odd small shark or ray to wind up on the flats,:biglaugh:

Bonefish_Los_roques.jpg

A thing of beauty and grace, :notworthy:, if they grew to five foot I would marry one,:biglaugh:, far less trouble.:biglaugh:

Bonefishing.jpg

i was watching a program called rude tube last night, its like a sort of "you've been framed" but with only animal videos i think. anyway this guy was fishing and he caught a little shark, it wasnt very big but he lifted it up to pose with it and it took a big bite out his shoulder!!! looked bloody sore and it wasnt a little scratch lol i instantly thought well if a little shark can give you a wound like that then what chance have you got with a big one! his own fault for mucking around with it tho

Guest guest37336
i was watching a program called rude tube last night, its like a sort of "you've been framed" but with only animal videos i think. anyway this guy was fishing and he caught a little shark, it wasnt very big but he lifted it up to pose with it and it took a big bite out his shoulder!!! looked bloody sore and it wasnt a little scratch lol i instantly thought well if a little shark can give you a wound like that then what chance have you got with a big one! his own fault for mucking around with it tho

Yep, even the tiddlies can give a fair account of themselves Stacey.:yes:

this is completely different lol but its like when you have a hamster or another small furry you think if they bit you it wouldnt hurt but it bloody does!! ive been bit by a hamster and a guinea pig and it was really sore! what do you fancy working as when you go over

This is about the weirdest transformation of a thread ive seen on here,from uk debt to guinea pigs,wtf!!:laugh::notworthy:

Guest guest37336
this is completely different lol but its like when you have a hamster or another small furry you think if they bit you it wouldnt hurt but it bloody does!! ive been bit by a hamster and a guinea pig and it was really sore! what do you fancy working as when you go over

We had six rats at one time Stacey. Lovely as, but for some reason 'Baldrick' took a dislike to my youngest and nearly bit the end of her finger off once, she wouldn't listen when we told her NOT to poke her fingers in their faces, school of hard knocks again Stacey.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Work wise, no problem would love to work on the Marlin/Prawn boats again, but often away from home for several days/weeks, OK if single though I guess.

I have cleaned loo's, swept leaves, so don't have a problem with any job really Stacey. Ideally I would like to write for magazines (which I do now over here now and again) this would enable me to work from home and look after Ruth as well.

But we will see, I may even think about becoming a fishing guide, or casting instructor, not big money but job satisfaction indeed.:yes: