You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

dinkydoo

Arrghhhh!!! Aussie police checks

Our aussie police checks have just arrived and our names are spelt wrong on them!!!!

Spent $86 on them to get them back wrong!!!:arghh:

Dont understand how they are wrong coz we had to send copies of passports/marriage certificate for our identification????????

Not sure what to do........:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

AFTER LAST YEAR'S DISASTER, WE ARE NOW EXPLORING OTHER AVENUES TO GET TO OZ!

WE FLY OUT ON THE 7th APRIL :) YAY!!!!!

Same thing happened to me, I almost think they do it on purpose to slow you down. No worries though, call them and they will fix and re-mail them at no charge. Make sure you double check with them the spelling on the phone!

176 Family Sponsored Lodged Oct 2010 - PCC & Meds Aug 2011 - CO Aug 2011 - Pre-Grant Nov 8, 2011

Thank you, I have calmed down a bit now!! its almost like every little thing turns into a HUGE problem in this visa process!!!

Can I get the number from their website????

AFTER LAST YEAR'S DISASTER, WE ARE NOW EXPLORING OTHER AVENUES TO GET TO OZ!

WE FLY OUT ON THE 7th APRIL :) YAY!!!!!

Yes, the number is (02) 6202 3333 available here: http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

When you call, they will seem like it's completely normal that you had a typo - it's crazy! Sucks that you have to wait another 2-4 weeks to get it depending on where you live, but it's part of the process.

176 Family Sponsored Lodged Oct 2010 - PCC & Meds Aug 2011 - CO Aug 2011 - Pre-Grant Nov 8, 2011

You could always submit the Police checks explaining to your CO what happened and that you are in the process of sorting it out. The worst that can happen is that they refuse them. You might be able to save a few weeks!

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!