Guest darwin

Transferring funds from Oz to UK, Moneycorp say not possible?

Guest darwin

just tried to open an account with moneycorp, recieved an email to say that they can't transfer funds due to strict regulations in Australia??.

Hi darwin

Please can you private message me and let me know your contact details? (full name etc)

Then I can look you up in our system.

Many thanks

John

Guest darwin

Hi John, thank you for your reply, not sure how to send you a private message through this site

Hi John, thank you for your reply, not sure how to send you a private message through this site

Just click on John's username to the left of his post and you'll get a drop down menu (pictured below) where you can choose the PM option.

jm1.png

I went down the same road - jumped through the hoops, opened an account with Moneycorp and transferred money from the UK to OZ to buy a car - no problems.

But....then Moneycorp closed their Sydney operation and my account manager told me that they were then unable to transfer money from Oz to the UK. John from Moneycorp asked me to contact him via this forum - I didn't bother to be honest as Moneycorp had lost my confidence by then.

Moneycorp mightbe doing really well, but their explanation for why they were closing their Sydney branch wasn't clear

I opened an account with OzForex - works really well when transferring AUD$ to GBP.

Secure in their internet anonymity, the bored middle aged old women (of both sexes) fought their mighty keyboard battles on a daily basis, in a never ending struggle to prove the superiority of their own worthless points of view over those of similarly challenged keyboard warriors....in the meantime, the world kept turning

Sorry to hear your experience in registering with Moneycorp in Australia.

In relation to safety of money, understandably this is a key concern for most people when transferring money overseas.

Moneycorp is a long-established business with a track record that goes back over 30 years. More than 2.5 million individual customers use our services each year, as well as thousands of businesses, many of them blue chip organisations.

Kind regards

John