Bobj

Wouldn't Be Dead For Quids

It's all happening, folks; gardenias are coming into flower and giving off their magnificent scent, so too with the frangipani. Bougainvilleas are in full bloom, tropical orchids are coming into flower, Poincianas are flowering...Sun is warming up...:biggrin:

And the lawn needs mowing again...:laugh:

Aint October great???:jiggy:

Cheers, Bobj.

Agree and my rhodies are beautiful this year. Roses just starting to come into bloom as well. Veges coming on life is good

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

It was cold in Sydney on Tue and Wed after a very warm Monday when it reached late 20's, seemed to drop 10 degrees. But when I went down to Redleaf beach last night at 7 pm WHAT a transformation!

As soon as I opened the car door, I was almost bowled over with the scent of jasmine (I think.) Then, walking down the stairs to the beach, I could hear a kookaburra somewhere up in the trees (How did God or Natural Selection produce that voice!?)

On the beach itself, the waves were lapping on the sand and the lights of Sydney and North Sydney were flickering everywhere.

Best of all, I had the beach completely to myself. (except for the sharks gnashing their fangs along the OUTSIDE of the shark-proof (I HOPE) enclosure.)

lucky you, all our trees are nearly bare and the wind makes it freezing at night! i miss the colourful flowers in portugal! :(

It's all happening, folks; gardenias are coming into flower and giving off their magnificent scent, so too with the frangipani. Bougainvilleas are in full bloom, tropical orchids are coming into flower, Poincianas are flowering...Sun is warming up...:biggrin:

And the lawn needs mowing again...:laugh:

Aint October great???:jiggy:

Cheers, Bobj.

Don't mow the grass during the heat of the day? It's one of the few chores that I actually enjoyed doing.

I guess that is why we have this division of labour between the sexes? Woman keep the house clean because they enjoy doing that and men keep the garden tidy because they enjoy doing that too.

Being single, that is why I am 50 per cent happy in my life because I can enjoy doing my garden (well it's 3 plants on my balcony and one in my courtyard and please DON"T remind me about the one I had nicked from my balcony! I still don't quite understand why so many people on here found that SO funny!)

Who cares about the inside anyway? On the off chance any ladies do come I can just give them the keys to my Hoover Humber Hawk and tell them I have nothing against women drivers and to feel free to take it for a spin whlst i have a beer on the balcony?

I guess that is why we have this division of labour between the sexes? Woman keep the house clean because they enjoy doing that and men keep the garden tidy because they enjoy doing that too.

how sexist is that!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked::shocked:

Just judging by the only couple I know - my brother and his wife - she DOES keep the house spotless but HE refuses to keep his side of the bargain.

Guest Guest31881

i find it quite sad that you believe in that,

Guest Guest16631

....................sometimes there is only one person to do both.......................and an enjoyable task the both of them if you want it to be..........the garden usually wins at this time of year..............:wink:[ATTACH]3882[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3884[/ATTACH]

Guest Dreamy
Woman keep the house clean because they enjoy doing that and men keep the garden tidy because they enjoy doing that too.

I must be a man then. Although I can't be, because I don't like gardening either.

Now, if you'd posted that women like to sit watching telly while reading and posting to various forums (multitasking, doncha know) and in their spare moments thinking up reasons why they haven't done any housework today... well then, Bob's your Auntie's husband.

(Oh, my first post, please be gentle)

how sexist is that!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked::shocked:

Is it...I hadn't noticed...:laugh::wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Agree and my rhodies are beautiful this year. Roses just starting to come into bloom as well. Veges coming on life is good

:yes::yes::yes:

Love those rhodies and azaleas...Had 70 varieties in New England, NSW.

Cheers, Bobj.

....................sometimes there is only one person to do both.......................and an enjoyable task the both of them if you want it to be..........the garden usually wins at this time of year..............:wink:[ATTACH]3882[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3884[/ATTACH]

Be careful with the oleander, where the little tackers are concerned, as oleanders are very poisonous.

Cheers, Bobj.

I must be a man then. Although I can't be, because I don't like gardening either.

Now, if you'd posted that women like to sit watching telly while reading and posting to various forums (multitasking, doncha know) and in their spare moments thinking up reasons why they haven't done any housework today... well then, Bob's your Auntie's husband.

You are much, MUCH wittier than me in my first post - it must be all that pure mountain air unlike the Sydney smog that blights both life and mind.

i find it quite sad that you believe in that,

Yes, you are quite right. I am the product of a rather lowly, but still private for all that, all boy's RC school.

You are NOT to do the housework, Do You UNDERSTAND me? (thwack thwack thwack of his leather strap.)

Yes, Brother Sadist.

Excellent spelling. Welcome to pio

My Brain Hurts!

Guest Dreamy
You are much, MUCH wittier than me in my first post - it must be all that pure mountain air unlike the Sydney smog that blights both life and mind.

I find pure vodka to be the greatest aid to witticism (in my head anyway, I'm not quite sure that the humour always makes it past my fingers.. er.. you know what I mean) but I'm sure the fresh, slightly smoky, mountain air helps too :biggrin:

Excellent spelling. Welcome to pio

And thank you Mr HD, I always endeavour to give a good first impression. Unfortunately it'll all be downhill from here.

Just so you've been warned, like.

Just judging by the only couple I know - my brother and his wife - she DOES keep the house spotless but HE refuses to keep his side of the bargain.

Well just because your sister in law puts up with it doesnt mean that its the "womens job". Maybe your brother should help her out more? That was such a sexist thing to say! Your in my bad books now :mad:

Guest guest37336
Well just because your sister in law puts up with it doesnt mean that its the "womens job". Maybe your brother should help her out more? That was such a sexist thing to say! Your in my bad books now :mad:

I must admit Stacey the lines between a 'Mans' work and 'Ladies' work have become somewhat blurrred over the years.:yes:

I for one welcome it,:notworthy:, after all, what is a 'man' to do on a quiet Friday evening when everyone is out and the good ladies 'underwear' draw calls.:embarrassed::yes::biglaugh:

"Dancing Ladies" Oncidium orchids; each flower spike is about 1.2 metres long

28102011.jpg

Vandas and on the left, a cattleya

3042011001-1.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

I must admit Stacey the lines between a 'Mans' work and 'Ladies' work have become somewhat blurrred over the years.:yes:

I for one welcome it,:notworthy:, after all, what is a 'man' to do on a quiet Friday evening when everyone is out and the good ladies 'underwear' draw calls.:embarrassed::yes::biglaugh:

I was the only bloke in my typing class in 1975 and I sure wish that DS (Domestic Science and typewriting/shorthand had been compulsory for guys at my grammar school instead of Pottery, Technical Drawing & Woodwork - any one of them akin to watching paint dry, and all together, like flying back and forth between Sydney and London.

I need to be able to type for work and cook for home but I can pay someone to do the DIY and go to Bunnings (another flight to London and back.)

Guest guest37336
I was the only bloke in my typing class in 1975 and I sure wish that DS (Domestic Science and typewriting/shorthand had been compulsory for guys at my grammar school instead of Pottery, Technical Drawing & Woodwork - any one of them akin to watching paint dry, and all together, like flying back and forth between Sydney and London.

I need to be able to type for work and cook for home but I can pay someone to do the DIY and go to Bunnings (another flight to London and back.)

Agree mate.

When I was at school 'Domestic Science' see Cooking,:mad: we blokes HAD to stop this subject in our second year, around 13 years old at the time.

Used to really enjoy lot. But I got my own back, when I HAD to take Metalwork, all I did was bake bread in the furnace, Mr Simmons not best pleased.:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

I was awful at home economics ( i think thats ur version of domestic science) we had to make cakes and stuff, a few times id do all the prep n stuff, put it in the oven, wait 25 mins and then when i went to check them i had forgot to turn on the oven lol