Handed in notice at work yesterday!

hevchick

Well it's now official. I have handed in my notice at work and although I feel that a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders I'm still very emotional. Very sad to leave as I've really grown attached to my colleagues :cry:. They were all quite shocked by the news (I've kept it all a secret for a very long time). They are very happy for me but sad that I'm going and that they will miss me which was very nice to hear. So now I'm answering endless questions about Oz and the immigration process and questions I don't even know the answer to myself, such as what work I'm going to do over there.

Only 12 weeks till we fly now and so many things to do!!! :shocked::swoon:

I hope everyone else is getting on okay who are sorting out/cleaning/packing/saying Farewell/flying. I'll be suprised if I don't get my first grey hairs from all the stress I'm feeling now! :laugh:

And to those who are still waiting for visas/occupation assessments/health checks etc Good luck, hopefully your wait will be over soon.

Lots of love to all :hug: Hev xxx

Yep I gave mine in last week and I felt the same, happy but torn too.

It's a strange feeling isn't it, it is hard to leave what and who you know and when someone came to me today and asked me when my job would be advertised officially, I almost felt protective over it!

Will all be worth it though I am sure! x

Guest haunted1234

hubby starts his new job in 12 weeks to, my work already know im going, but said i can work as long as i want! tis very exciting, can't wait to move to Cairns!!!!

Good Luck with the move!

I'm just waiting for some final clearances before I sign my contract then off at the end of Jan all being well. Its all so exciting.

Good luck on your new journey :-)

Guest jimmyoz

Hi all.

I was going to hand my notice in just before Christmas break ( We fly out to Brisbane Feb 12th )

Unlucky for me my boss caught wind of my planned move a while ago, we agreed that I would give him a months notice instead of my contracted week so he had time to replace me, or so I thought...

He sacked me last week, which was my 51st week there, so a week before I had any legal standing

He couldn't stand the fact I wanted to move to Australia to start what I hope will be a better life for my family so stiched me up good and proper!:realmad:

I will hopefully find a couple of months work to tie me over, or I can use it as an excuse to start clearing house, packing up etc, still don;t know where to start, any advice, we go in just over 3 months.

Good luck to all who are close to the move and any who wanna meet up for drinks on the other side, give me a shout.

Jimmy, Nicki and 3 boys Brisbane bound !!

Hi all.

I was going to hand my notice in just before Christmas break ( We fly out to Brisbane Feb 12th )

Unlucky for me my boss caught wind of my planned move a while ago, we agreed that I would give him a months notice instead of my contracted week so he had time to replace me, or so I thought...

He sacked me last week, which was my 51st week there, so a week before I had any legal standing

He couldn't stand the fact I wanted to move to Australia to start what I hope will be a better life for my family so stiched me up good and proper!:realmad:

I will hopefully find a couple of months work to tie me over, or I can use it as an excuse to start clearing house, packing up etc, still don;t know where to start, any advice, we go in just over 3 months.

Good luck to all who are close to the move and any who wanna meet up for drinks on the other side, give me a shout.

Sounds like you would have a good case for unfair dismissal if you wanted to push it. Might get you a few quid for when you land.

Guest jimmyoz
Sounds like you would have a good case for unfair dismissal if you wanted to push it. Might get you a few quid for when you land.

Hi Paul1Perth

I checked but as it was under 1 years service ( by 1 week ) I have no legal standing.

They guy was just been very clever and used me all way upto the 51st week.

My advice to others would be keep quiet about your planned move until the last minute

Jimmy

Hi Paul1Perth

I checked but as it was under 1 years service ( by 1 week ) I have no legal standing.

They guy was just been very clever and used me all way upto the 51st week.

My advice to others would be keep quiet about your planned move until the last minute

Jimmy

Concentrate now on your new move and yeah he was horrible what he done and no need to do it but by the sounds of it your best out of it. Congrats on your new life starting in Feb - you have a lot to look forward to

Guest Matthew88

Hey! I can only imagine how hard it will be. Ive been at my place since i was 17 and the thought of handing in my notice too will be a very emotional day for me! But its all worth it in the end eh!

Matt

Dont let that stop you. Just wrap up and go onto your new life. Go sooner if you can get away with it or have a nice holiday and family catch up before you go :-)

Hi all.

Hi Jimmyoz,

I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. It's awful when people are underhanded like that :sad:.

I hope you find a new job to tie you over until you go or like you said you could start the sorting/packing process. I'm doing that very slowly after work (when I've got the energy) but I feel that I'm running out of time already!

Good luck with your move in February :hug:. All the best hev x

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all your posts. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one whose struggling/going to struggle with leaving work and the messages of support are very much appreciated as well. :biggrin: I'm already feeling better about going and I hope to find a job I enjoy just as much in Oz. xxx