register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest wanteddownunder

Early Bird Catches the Xmas Worm this October

Guest wanteddownunder

A break away from my fishing trip last weekend, just ordered my nieces Letter from Santa early this year and saves myself a fiver. She’s getting to the age where she’s starting to wonder if Father Christmas exists and so what better way to convince her than a genuine letter the man himself.

These things look proper authentic, last year she was so excited when the envelope arrived from the North Pole. You can grab your Letter and customise all online at http://www.SantaLetter2011.com. They normally jump back up to full price £10 in Nov/Dec so its about half price and means they will be arriving first week of December or there abouts.

..Back to the trip caught my best ever catch on first cast this week came in at just over 4lbs. Good start to the week.

A break away from my fishing trip last weekend, just ordered my nieces Letter from Santa early this year and saves myself a fiver. She’s getting to the age where she’s starting to wonder if Father Christmas exists and so what better way to convince her than a genuine letter the man himself.

These things look proper authentic, last year she was so excited when the envelope arrived from the North Pole. You can grab your Letter and customise all online at http://www.SantaLetter2011.com. They normally jump back up to full price £10 in Nov/Dec so its about half price and means they will be arriving first week of December or there abouts.

..Back to the trip caught my best ever catch on first cast this week came in at just over 4lbs. Good start to the week.

How can it look "proper authentic" when Santa doesn't even exist. Honestly, that's got to be the worst sales pitch I've ever seen. What were you fishing for anyway? Gullible parents?

Santa doesn't exist!!?? :cry::cry::cry: But i've been so good all year!:laugh:

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

How can it look "proper authentic" when Santa doesn't even exist. Honestly, that's got to be the worst sales pitch I've ever seen. What were you fishing for anyway? Gullible parents?

Oh dear!! How else do you think icicles form on the guttering??? Hmmmm?

icicles.jpg

I'd like to know what was caught on the fishing trip, too.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

:shocked::shocked: santas real!! i leave cookies and milk out for him! lol :cute:

:shocked::shocked: santas real!! i leave cookies and milk out for him! lol :cute:

sorry Stacey but he's not real :nah: and although I appreciate the cookies and milk could you leave beer and pizza out this year :wink:

So what if I can't spell Armagedon ? It's not the end of the world.

sorry Stacey but he's not real :nah: and although I appreciate the cookies and milk could you leave beer and pizza out this year :wink:

:mad: christmas is cancelled this year anyway, baahumbug!!

I'm with you there :mad: I was hoping to be away by then but it looks like xmas with the family :arghh:

I'm with you there :mad: I was hoping to be away by then but it looks like xmas with the family :arghh:

i always seem to be skint every winter lol it'll be the bare minimum this year unless i get this job but even then im not spending all my wages on silly presents! lol well itl be your last family xmas so make the most of it! I love xmas dinner with my family, sounds a bit cheesy doesnt it :eek:

Goodness me, its a good job my 8 year old didn't see this..... how dare you say such a thing.....

A lovely letter arrives each year in our house from Santa in response to the ones the children send. Inspired by JRR Tolkeins letters to Father Christmas book.

There is also the Portable North POle, all parents should check this out!!

Sarah

Sarah :rolleyes:

Arrived in VIC 18th November 2011

i always seem to be skint every winter lol it'll be the bare minimum this year unless i get this job but even then im not spending all my wages on silly presents! lol well itl be your last family xmas so make the most of it! I love xmas dinner with my family, sounds a bit cheesy doesnt it :eek:

Love xmas lunch/ day but I just hate all the build up to xmas, the country grinds to a halt a the mention of snow, people panic buy in the supermarkets (even though they are only closed 1.5 days) and TV is full of "xmas specials" of programmes you wouldn't watch anyway :realmad: anyway rant over time for a glass of red :yes:

Dear Chorlton, please send me a glass of wine.... I forgot to buy any...

Love your user name, people think I am mad when I talk about Chorlton and the Wheelies!!

Sarah

Oh dear!! How else do you think icicles form on the guttering??? Hmmmm?

icicles.jpg

I'd like to know what was caught on the fishing trip, too.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

I love those funny Xmas cards - Private Eye does some very good ones. But your 'card' also made me feel nostalgic for when me and my brothers - or rather my brothers and me? stood in a line like those two kids at the bedroom window looking out for Santa.

I think we all got 'Beatles' guitars one Xmas - I wish we still had them now too - that psycho lunatic Chapman has ruined the thought of December every year since 1980.

'Now I know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall...'

My sister in law did the whole hog - 'footprints in the snow' - 'if you don't believe, you don't receive.'

Remember, too, Australia gets more snow than Switzerland!

If you read 'A Xmas Carol' again it will come back after all, Stacey.

My sister in law did the whole hog - 'footprints in the snow' - 'if you don't believe, you don't receive.'

We do that, snow footprints etc, not going to work this year though... might need some tips from Aussie Mums!!

lol im a bit old for presents now. I used to love xmas when i was young, now im just a old scrooge

lol im a bit old for presents now. I used to love xmas when i was young, now im just a old scrooge

Izzat so, young lady...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

We do that, snow footprints etc, not going to work this year though... might need some tips from Aussie Mums!!

I shall ask 'Maria' my SIL. Her 'kids' are way too old to ask - they would just laugh at me if I tried to remind them too.

Love xmas lunch/ day but I just hate all the build up to xmas, the country grinds to a halt a the mention of snow, people panic buy in the supermarkets (even though they are only closed 1.5 days) and TV is full of "xmas specials" of programmes you wouldn't watch anyway :realmad: anyway rant over time for a glass of red :yes:

I dont know about down there but usually we grind to a halt because the snows really bad lol. im dreading it this year, better not be as bad as last year! sometimes tv is okay at christmas!

Izzat so, young lady...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I might be 21 but theres part of me thats always been a grumpy old woman lol :laugh:

I might be 21 but theres part of me thats always been a grumpy old woman lol :laugh:

Which part ? :huh:

Dear Chorlton, please send me a glass of wine.... I forgot to buy any...

Love your user name, people think I am mad when I talk about Chorlton and the Wheelies!!

Sarah

Sarah you're welcome to the bottle its a bit rough :unsure:

Picked the name as its one of my favourite kids programmes and my mate had bought the DVD to show his son, who was not the least bit interested, so I borrowed it......just haven't give it back yet :biggrin: