Dogs in quarantine

JoandJon

Guest MontyClaude
Todays the day Monty - I'm guessing you're already on your way so you can pick them up spot on 8am :)

That's what we'll be doing on Friday for the Satchdog!!

Hubby's been to visit her a couple of times now, and the next time we see her will be on Friday when we get to take her home!!!

It's only 2 days and 2 sleeps to go :)

On my way now:) can't wait. The doggies had their baths yesterday so are all clean abs shiny for me.

Best of luck for Fri, you'll have the best weekend ever.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Montyclaude - hope you're enjoying having the puppies back! (and the puss cats too) it will be strange going in on Friday and them not being there to say hello to me :)

I've got One day and one sleep to go until we can pick up the Satchdog!! We'll be there first thing on Friday morning and I can't wait :) Jon's been working on the fences here at M&Ds and i'm trying to sort out payment of the invoice today so it's all sorted for tomorrow and we take the minimum time possible and can get her free :)

Except for the fact my Oz bank account doesn't have any money in it, and yet I'm supposed to have been paid today .... joys!!

Guest dondearan

The new rules did knock us over since we had to redo the blood test and need to wait now 6 month until we can take him in. Our planned move happened all very quickly and we intend to move mid February but can only get the dog out of quarantine May 2nd. Any views if we should take him with us and have him 10 weeks in quarantine or leave him behind in the UK with friends and ship him with 30 days to go? We lean towards the 10 weeks so we at least have him close to us and do not need to worry for something to go wrong in the UK. I hate the thought of 10 weeks though.

The new rules did knock us over since we had to redo the blood test and need to wait now 6 month until we can take him in. Our planned move happened all very quickly and we intend to move mid February but can only get the dog out of quarantine May 2nd. Any views if we should take him with us and have him 10 weeks in quarantine or leave him behind in the UK with friends and ship him with 30 days to go? We lean towards the 10 weeks so we at least have him close to us and do not need to worry for something to go wrong in the UK. I hate the thought of 10 weeks though.

Hi there

We had a similar problem with taking our cat. We decided to go out there later so that she had the minimum 30 days in quarrantine.

With regards to your dilemma I would go with the leaving him behind with friends option as at least then he would be free to roam around and have lots of fussing rather than staying in a small enclosed area for ten weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide :biggrin:

Guest MontyClaude
Yay Montyclaude - hope you're enjoying having the puppies back! (and the puss cats too) it will be strange going in on Friday and them not being there to say hello to me :)

I've got One day and one sleep to go until we can pick up the Satchdog!! We'll be there first thing on Friday morning and I can't wait :) Jon's been working on the fences here at M&Ds and i'm trying to sort out payment of the invoice today so it's all sorted for tomorrow and we take the minimum time possible and can get her free :)

Except for the fact my Oz bank account doesn't have any money in it, and yet I'm supposed to have been paid today .... joys!!

Who needs money when you'll e your satchdog back?! I'd say you're counting down the minutes.

My dogs are loving me, the cats still aren't impressed! I think the dogs are so used to being outside they dint want to come in now. They came in bounced on my bed and wanted straight back out. I pretty much had to drag them in to go to bed, I'm sure once the novelty of their new garden wears off they'll want in.

Guest MontyClaude

That's a really tough decision. Will quarantine take them for 10 weeks? It will be quite hot in Feb and Mar, what kind of dog do you have? Obviously it's not all about money but you pay for quarantine by the day, it will be quite a lot extra. Also visiting them twice a week and seeing the big sad eyes when you leave is heartbreaking for 30 days, it will be much worse for 70 days.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi Dond ,

Our Terrier is looking at doing longer in quarantine because of the new rules he actually doesn't have his rabies blood test done till next week ,i have spoken to a few people and my vet and they have said he will be fine doing the longer time , hoping to fly him out in march , then he will be in quarantine for at least 90 days

Brides x

Guest dondearan

It is a Catalan Sheepdog and we get his fur trimmed so that he copes better with the heat. It is an extra $1600 but that's not what I am worried about. I guess we have to make a call one way or the other.

Yay to hear your puppies are happy with you Monty :)

Tonight's the last day without the Satchdog, we're picking her up first thing in the morning, can't wait!!!

My pay came through - they'd just put it into the wrong account so it was all fixed and the Satchdog's bill is all paid now :)

It's a tough call about how to manage quarantine with the new rules - a lot for me would depend on how well youu think your dog will cope with quarantine and what sort of care he could have in the UK if he stays there instead for the extra time.

It was bloody tough leaving Satch in quarantine each time and I only got to see her twice (hubby and mum did the other visits) but she's coped fine.

Will post some photos once she's out to prove it's all good!!!

Yay to hear your puppies are happy with you Monty :)

Tonight's the last day without the Satchdog, we're picking her up first thing in the morning, can't wait!!!

My pay came through - they'd just put it into the wrong account so it was all fixed and the Satchdog's bill is all paid now :)

I bet you are like a kid on Christmas eve, wanting to get an early night! We are the same going to rock up early at quarantine and free monty

Guest MontyClaude
I bet you are like a kid on Christmas eve, wanting to get an early night! We are the same going to rock up early at quarantine and free monty

Peemacgee, Jo&Jon, we are all going to have the best weekend with our furries:). Have a great time getting reacquainted. Mine discovered a possum last night, well think it was a possum, do they growl?!

Hehehe, yup that sounds like a possum - sort of sounds like a monster that's stuck half-up a tree that is half-choking, sorta :) !

WE HAVE THE SATCH-DOG!!!!!!! And she's absolutely perfect! In fact I think she's better at meeting other dogs than before she went through quarantine!!

Will post some photos of her post-quarantine once Jon has woken up from his afternoon kip on the couch and gets out the camera :)

I'm glad we're up the mountain today - must be pretty steamy down in the 'burbs - hope your puppies are coping ok !

It's sooooo brilliant having her back - our family is all back together again :jiggy:

I was early to bed and then woke up about 530am and lay there twiddling my thumbs just WAITING for hubby to wake up as well.... We ended up arriving at quarantine about 830-840 because Jon was a lazybones and didn't get out of bed until almost 645 and i'd wanted to leave not long after 7am to avoid peakhour traffic! We left about 715 in the end so it wasn't too bad I suppose ;)

Now she's been walked, fed and introduced around Mum & Dad's garden so i think she's settled in - she's currently dozing on the dining room floor on the nice cool slate, hiding from the heat :)

Enjoy your furry one!!!!

It's sooooo brilliant having her back - our family is all back together again :jiggy:

I was early to bed and then woke up about 530am and lay there twiddling my thumbs just WAITING for hubby to wake up as well.... We ended up arriving at quarantine about 830-840 because Jon was a lazybones and didn't get out of bed until almost 645 and i'd wanted to leave not long after 7am to avoid peakhour traffic! We left about 715 in the end so it wasn't too bad I suppose ;)

Now she's been walked, fed and introduced around Mum & Dad's garden so i think she's settled in - she's currently dozing on the dining room floor on the nice cool slate, hiding from the heat :)

Enjoy your furry one!!!!

So glad to hear she got through quarantine fine and is settling in, enjoy!!!!

Celia

She's settled in brilliantly already - although she's been staring in the general direction of the kookaburras (they're calling a LOT at the moment) and looking rather confused.

I think I've almost chosed which pet-insurance to go with, just want to run my choice past our vet to make sure he doesn't say they're rubbish!!

Well, i've managed to get a couple of photos, one of the Satchdog being extraordinarily stressed, and a couple to show the view from the front deck.

Satch is currently snoozing on the floor right under my feet and seems completely recovered from her stint in 'holiday-camp'. Unfortunately she's not lost any of her fears and paranoia, but at least she's no worse!!!

I've kept the photos nice and small, and would take more to show you - but actually can't be arsed as i've now decided it's wine o'clock :)

Satchsleeping_Nov11_small.jpg

MtDDeck_raining_nov11_small.jpg

MtDDeck_raining2_nov11_small.jpg

Satchsleeping_Nov11_small.jpg

MtDDeck_raining_nov11_small.jpg

MtDDeck_raining2_nov11_small.jpg

Guest Checcles

Am still trying to decide if I am been fair to bring my beautiful Merles or leave him in UK with parents...

He is 12 years old now and I think he's started with a bit of Arthritis this winter in his back legs :sad: but I would miss him like crazy and life just wouldn't be the same...

It's bad enough that I have to leave my Meena (14yr old toy poodle) but I know thats whats best for her (nearly blind, going deaf and travels really badly)

Whats the oldest dog people have taken and how did they cope with the flights / quarentine etc?

Am still trying to decide if I am been fair to bring my beautiful Merles or leave him in UK with parents...

He is 12 years old now and I think he's started with a bit of Arthritis this winter in his back legs :sad: but I would miss him like crazy and life just wouldn't be the same...

It's bad enough that I have to leave my Meena (14yr old toy poodle) but I know thats whats best for her (nearly blind, going deaf and travels really badly)

Whats the oldest dog people have taken and how did they cope with the flights / quarentine etc?

Have a word with your vet who will check that he's up for flying. You never know, the warm weather might actually be good for his arthritis.

Well, i've managed to get a couple of photos, one of the Satchdog being extraordinarily stressed, and a couple to show the view from the front deck.

Satch is currently snoozing on the floor right under my feet and seems completely recovered from her stint in 'holiday-camp'. Unfortunately she's not lost any of her fears and paranoia, but at least she's no worse!!!

I've kept the photos nice and small, and would take more to show you - but actually can't be arsed as i've now decided it's wine o'clock :)

Poor Satch definitely looks mega stressed by the whole thing!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Who needs money when you'll e your satchdog back?! I'd say you're counting down the minutes.

My dogs are loving me, the cats still aren't impressed! I think the dogs are so used to being outside they dint want to come in now. They came in bounced on my bed and wanted straight back out. I pretty much had to drag them in to go to bed, I'm sure once the novelty of their new garden wears off they'll want in.

I'm so glad your furries didn't have to be sent back to the UK. I was worrying for them! (& you!)

Guest MontyClaude

Hi all, my furries have been home a week now and it seems like they were never away :). The dogs settled in day one and are living their daily walks in the beach. They are better behaved now then we we were in Ireland! They play with the other dogs but come back when called and don't chase joggers anymore. They met hundreds if other doggies and love rolling in the sand with them and chasing other dogs balls/sticks anything that moves basically. I've kept them on the food quarantine were feeding them ecopet as it seems to agree with them, I fed them royal canin at home. We've had one accident in the house and in fairness they barked to get out I just didn't get there in time so all in all no bad effects at all.

The cats came home with a cold so were out of sorts for a couple of days. They're back to full health now and bawling to get out - def better! I bought them a harness so they can explore the garden in safety, I look like a freak but hey it's my garden! They put on loads of weight in quarantine and have still got very healthy appetites. They're a bit clingyer than normal which is saying something for my boys and insist on sleeping up the top of the bed with us! They're at this moment chasing the dogs soft balls toys on the wooden floors so again all good and no real ill effects from quarantine.

I'm glad I don't start work for a couple of week and they have my full attention before life goes back to semi normal for them.