Dogs in quarantine

JoandJon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MontyClaude

Hi Jo, I see you saw my furries :)

I saw Satch's crate so knew she was around somewhere.

Unfortunately, they all have to go back to the UK :(, there was a problem with the paperwork and all 4 have to go back..........

They should leave in a week or so and then come back late November, so hopefully I'll have them by Christmas.

You can see they're in great form though and are loving showing off to everyone who comes into quarantine!

Unfortunately, they all have to go back to the UK :(, there was a problem with the paperwork and all 4 have to go back..........

They should leave in a week or so and then come back late November, so hopefully I'll have them by Christmas.

You can see they're in great form though and are loving showing off to everyone who comes into quarantine!

OMG you poor thing! (them too!) That's a dreadful thing to happen!

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awful :( They did look very happy whenever I walked past - and in good condition so I'm sure they'll be fine in the end, must just be so devasating for you :)

Satch is in Kennel 1 - So the long stretch of kennels just after the main office and almost directly opposite the storage shed and kitchen. Right in prime spot to watch what's going on. She's lost about 1.5kg so far cos she's not eating properly, but I'm hoping she won't lose too much more.

Here's hoping you have your boys and girls with you by Xmas - they're way too lovely to be away from you for too long....

Oh no, what a worry! Poor puppies having to go through that journey again. I hope you've had sterns words with the company/vet who filled in your paperwork!

Guest MontyClaude

Thanks everyone, we found out the day we landed there was a problem. If I could have put them all on a plane with me I would have went home! The dogs are coping very well, loving the attention etc...the poor cats are not taking it well at all, we are better off not visiting them for their sake, the stress is getting to them :(

The only good thing is they are all young and healthy. I just want it all over and done with.

Need to find a job asap to pay the extra 15K we need to sort it all out too!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. My dog is going ahead of us because of this new rabies law that comes into effect on the 1st jan. We are moving to Melbourne on the 31st Dec but Jessie our Newfie has to leave on the 12th Dec and could only fit into Sydney. Should we consider getting a company to walk her or do the quarantine stations let the dogs out for a run? Jessie is quite a nervous Newfie and takes a while to get used to people so I dont want to stress her out more than she needs to be. Any advice is appreciated! :smile:

I've arranged for Dogwalks.com to walk Oakley when he's in the Sydney quarantine station. However, you also have to consider that there is a shut down during the Xmas/ New Year period and they are unable to get access to walk them during this time. (Price is adjusted to reflect this).

Karen at Dogwalks has emailed me and seems very friendly and approachable. It might be worthwhile giving her a call or dropping her an email to see what she advises?

I've arranged for Dogwalks.com to walk Oakley when he's in the Sydney quarantine station. However, you also have to consider that there is a shut down during the Xmas/ New Year period and they are unable to get access to walk them during this time. (Price is adjusted to reflect this).

Karen at Dogwalks has emailed me and seems very friendly and approachable. It might be worthwhile giving her a call or dropping her an email to see what she advises?

Thanks for this. I have just checked on the Quarantine site and they say dogs can only be walked after 7 days of arrival so jessie will probably only have 2 weeks of walking before we go to fetch her.

No problem at all - I get confused as to where we are in the process!

I'm in Oz - landed in Melbourne on Tuesday morning and currently staying with Mum & Dad in Mount Dandenong (yup, Puffing Billy territory!) where it is currently chucking it down with rain!

Hubby is still in the UK, he flies out 8th November, landing in the evening on 9th November (contrary to me telling Mum that he lands on the 10th....)

Satch isn't due to escape until the 18th, so Jon (aka Hubby) will be here first - and should be able to visit her in Quarantine as well!

We stuck a big colour picture of Satch on the top of her travel-kennel / crate whatever you want to call it! They keep the crate at quarantine until you collect the dog (or I think you can pick it up earlier if you like), and then you either take it with you or they destroy it!

BTW - although they said any bedding in the crate would be destroyed, a couple of her blankets (but not the grotty dressing gowns we also had in there) are on her bed in quarantine, so they must have survived the journey ok!

Hope u all got there ok. Only 1 week left 'till she's a free doggy. :spinny::biggrin: Bet you can't wait. And it will be weird getting used to all being in the same time zone again.

Hamish got his test results back today and passed them all so HUGE RELIEF:jiggy:. They are all set to go now on the 5th December.

Guest MontyClaude
Thanks for this. I have just checked on the Quarantine site and they say dogs can only be walked after 7 days of arrival so jessie will probably only have 2 weeks of walking before we go to fetch her.

Hey Newfie fan, I was in St. Kildlast weekend and saw a Newfie and a Bernese. Tat put my mind at ease about the heat for my Berner and will for your Newfie too. I haven't been able to exercise mine cos they were supposed to go back but they are getting plenty of attention from everyone. Try not to stress too much, your furry will be with you before you know it :)

Hey Newfie fan, I was in St. Kildlast weekend and saw a Newfie and a Bernese. Tat put my mind at ease about the heat for my Berner and will for your Newfie too. I haven't been able to exercise mine cos they were supposed to go back but they are getting plenty of attention from everyone. Try not to stress too much, your furry will be with you before you know it :)

Montyclaude, so sorry to hear about your dogs, poor pooches, how come they have to go back?

Guest MontyClaude

There was an issue with the paperwork. Amazingly the governments came through for me and they don't have to go back now :) all 4 are out next Wed. One of my cats is called Monty, well moany monty cos he whinges a lot! Not like your monty I'm sure!

There was an issue with the paperwork. Amazingly the governments came through for me and they don't have to go back now :) all 4 are out next Wed. One of my cats is called Monty, well moany monty cos he whinges a lot! Not like your monty I'm sure!

Superb, when I read your first post about it I wondered why. Glad it is sorted. Bet your counting down the days.

Our monty is cheeky boy at quarantine, as each time we leave he tries to sneak out with us

Superb, when I read your first post about it I wondered why. Glad it is sorted. Bet your counting down the days.

Our monty is cheeky boy at quarantine, as each time we leave he tries to sneak out with us

Hope u all got there ok. Only 1 week left 'till she's a free doggy. :spinny::biggrin: Bet you can't wait. And it will be weird getting used to all being in the same time zone again.

Hamish got his test results back today and passed them all so HUGE RELIEF:jiggy:. They are all set to go now on the 5th December.

yay for Hamish!!

I can't believe that this time next week the Satchdog wil be curled up next to me on the couch :) I can't wait!!!

Hubby arrived yesterday (well it was meant to be Wednesday, but it was a nightmare flight from hell so he only arrived early Thursday morning!) and has been to visit Satch in quarantine today.

Great news is that she's started eating again!! She's even put on 300g, so she's almost back to her starting weight which is brilliant news :)

MontyClaude I'm so completely over the moon for you!!! Wish I could catch up with you, but i'll only be back at quarantine on the day we collect Satch - just say Hi to Jon & Mum if youu see them around before then!

Thanks so much for the reassurance! We are going to give our Newfie a groom before she goes so that she doesn't suffer in the Sydney heat while in Quarantine. I can't wait to take her for a walk on the beach in St Kilda!

Fab, fab, fab :biggrin::biggrin:

And well done to the authorities for letting good sense and practicality take priority over 'rules is rules'. Really pleased for you and releived for the pets not to have to ga through all the extra stress. :yes:

That's fantastic news! Really pleased for you! and them!!! :biggrin:

Guest MontyClaude

Thanks everyone, I collect them tomorrow :) I don't think I've ever bought so much pet food, beds, toys in my life!

Newfie fan, I was petting a gorgeous friendly Newfie girl in Mornington at the weekend so you'll ceratainly have friends !

Todays the day Monty - I'm guessing you're already on your way so you can pick them up spot on 8am :)

That's what we'll be doing on Friday for the Satchdog!!

Hubby's been to visit her a couple of times now, and the next time we see her will be on Friday when we get to take her home!!!

It's only 2 days and 2 sleeps to go :)