Nurofen Zavance

Guest The Pom Queen

you people getting severe migraines (with or without aura) should get a prescription from your GP for something like sumatriptan or zolmitriptan. If you're getting frequent migraines perhaps consider preventive treatment like propranolol or amitryptiline. If you're a woman on the combine oral contraceptive, then switch to progesterone only as the pill not only increases the frequency and severity of attacks but, if you suffer with migraine/aura, it will increase your risk of stroke.

you people getting severe migraines (with or without aura) should get a prescription from your GP for something like sumatriptan or zolmitriptan. If you're getting frequent migraines perhaps consider preventive treatment like propranolol or amitryptiline. If you're a woman on the combine oral contraceptive, then switch to progesterone only as the pill not only increases the frequency and severity of attacks but, if you suffer with migraine/aura, it will increase your risk of stroke.

The pill made mine a LOT worse so I came off it for good, even the progesterone one wasn't 100%. Thankfully they have eased off in the last 3-4 years and I get one big one occasionally, but I will look into preventative meds, thanks!:yes:

Ok, I take pain killers on a daily basis, I find the zavance are the fastest acting and provide most pain relief, however, what's all these where they say Nurofen for Back Pain, Nurofen for Period Pain, Nurofen Tension Headaches, Nurofen Migraines, surely they all act the same way:goofy: What are you suppose to do if you have back pain and a migraine, take a double dose??:nah:

There was something in the press a little while ago that these individually targeted nurofen were a con. Look at the ingredients and they all have the same amounts of the different drugs.

I think sometimes people see a bad headache as a migraine!!! God help them if they ever got a REAL one!!

However, I also consider that I have 2 types of migraine. I have the one with the dodgy eyes etc that makes it impossible to continue with whatever it is I am doing, but I also get hormonal migraines. These do not have the funny eyes, but I have a severe headache that does not go away for a few days. I wake in the night with it and it seems that no amount of drugs can make it go away!

Love

Rudi

x

I think sometimes people see a bad headache as a migraine!!! God help them if they ever got a REAL one!!

However, I also consider that I have 2 types of migraine. I have the one with the dodgy eyes etc that makes it impossible to continue with whatever it is I am doing, but I also get hormonal migraines. These do not have the funny eyes, but I have a severe headache that does not go away for a few days. I wake in the night with it and it seems that no amount of drugs can make it go away!

Love

Rudi

x

also some people get migraines that don't include the visual disturbance. I get migraines regularly but mine come with vomitting rather than the funny eyes.

Thanks for that info, its very interesting and something I hadn't considered. One thing I cannot take on an empty stomach is coedine, it makes me seriously ill, I'm also not keen on Morphine that sends me quite woozy.

Codeine makes me really sick too. I can only have it with anti-nausea tablets, and certainly not for a migraine or I'm instantly sick. The best thing for a migraine is if I spot it really early and have pain killers before it takes hold.