Help! 885 GSM Visa

Guest lei83

I applied for the 885 Visa on June 11, 2011, and have already been granted a CO. However, my study end date was December 9, 2010 (6 months + 2 days prior to lodging application). The only thing I have to submit now to my CO is a PCC. However, since my PCC takes 4-6 months to process if i am overseas, I really cannot wait on this time frame, so I want to fly to my home country, personally get the PCC (they give it within 2-3 days if you apply for PCC in own country), then come back to OZ to finalise my application.

My question is, that based on the information I provided, what is the likelihood that I will be granted a visa if I am 2 days over the 6 month time frame? Is there ANY leniency on this matter exercised by COs? Should my husband and I take a trip to our home country ($4000+) just to get a PCC and come back within a week to OZ, only to potentially have our application rejected?

We've put in a tremendous amount of money, time and effort into this, as i'm sure all of those who apply for similar visas would, only to realize we were "late" by 2 days, but we lodged anyway.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I applied for the 885 Visa on June 11, 2011, and have already been granted a CO. However, my study end date was December 9, 2010 (6 months + 2 days prior to lodging application). The only thing I have to submit now to my CO is a PCC. However, since my PCC takes 4-6 months to process if i am overseas, I really cannot wait on this time frame, so I want to fly to my home country, personally get the PCC (they give it within 2-3 days if you apply for PCC in own country), then come back to OZ to finalise my application.

My question is, that based on the information I provided, what is the likelihood that I will be granted a visa if I am 2 days over the 6 month time frame? Is there ANY leniency on this matter exercised by COs? Should my husband and I take a trip to our home country ($4000+) just to get a PCC and come back within a week to OZ, only to potentially have our application rejected?

We've put in a tremendous amount of money, time and effort into this, as i'm sure all of those who apply for similar visas would, only to realize we were "late" by 2 days, but we lodged anyway.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi lei83,

What is the date of your study completion Explicitly STATED in the study completion Letter issued by your university NOT your academic trascript/graduation ceremony ? my agent once told me DIAC COs, when it comes to accessing the 6 month period for 885 applicants , solely rely on the date of study completion in the study completion letter. Hope this helps

Kate

^^ the date you're referring to is December 9, that's why I say I am "late" by only 2 days. My graduation date was December 15.

Hi Lei83,

:cry: I wish you very best of luck with your application. never give up, Miracle does happen :hug:

thanks so much for ur support kate! i dont know whether those two days make a difference or not when it comes to meeting basic criteria. does anyone have any experiences out there where their CO has used discretion when it comes to rules?

• 4 weeks later...