Western Australia is fully open for subclass 475?

Guest mfahad1999

It's not as straight forward as that see quote I got from my agent dealing with my 175 application:

''

There is a little wrinkle in the Perth 475 process. The law allows 475 visa holders to go to Perth - there's no argument about that. However, the WA govt have advised that their policy is that they'll only entertain applications for 475 visas from people saying they're going to go outside Perth. It's just a policy, not a legal thing. If you're family sponsored for the 475, this doesn't apply, but if you're seeking state sponsorship, it does'' :arghh:

Guest mfahad1999
It's not as straight forward as that see quote I got from my agent dealing with my 175 application:

''

There is a little wrinkle in the Perth 475 process. The law allows 475 visa holders to go to Perth - there's no argument about that. However, the WA govt have advised that their policy is that they'll only entertain applications for 475 visas from people saying they're going to go outside Perth. It's just a policy, not a legal thing. If you're family sponsored for the 475, this doesn't apply, but if you're seeking state sponsorship, it does'' :arghh:

So it means that 475 visa holders will not be able to do work or live in perth? but its not a legal thing according to WA policy,they just advised that thing.So if I work and live in perth nothing will stop me to get PR?because its not a legal thing?

This sounds brill but a massive risk. I'm not sure how water tight the rules are?

I'm in a position whereby my profession is not (as far as I can tell) in the postcodes areas that are stipulated by WA where you must live and work.

Wouldn't it be fab to live in a stipulated area, secure a job in the Perth area (mine would be in a hospital), and also work a few hours in a stipulated area to cover the condition of living AND working in areas WA government have outlined, for a year, until you can apply for PR? :wub:

I bet there's a minimum set hours you need to work to cover conditions of 475 Visa :huh:

I can dream........:cool:

I may be wrong but if you move out on a 475 you can then apply to DIAC for PR (NOT WA) and the current criteria for applying for PR at year 2 is:

-to have lived in Regional Australia for 2 years (all of WA is now classd as regional);

-to have worked full-time (any occupation) in Regional Australia for 1 year (again all WA is classed as regional); and

-not have been convicted of any serious offences.

Meet this criteria then there should be no issues with getting PR:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
I may be wrong but if you move out on a 475 you can then apply to DIAC for PR (NOT WA) and the current criteria for applying for PR at year 2 is:

-to have lived in Regional Australia for 2 years (all of WA is now classd as regional);

-to have worked full-time (any occupation) in Regional Australia for 1 year (again all WA is classed as regional); and

-not have been convicted of any serious offences.

Meet this criteria then there should be no issues with getting PR:wink:

Is this your plan? :biggrin: