Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ppcark

Apply for 417 (WHV) whilst waiting for 175

Recommended Posts

Guest ppcark

Hi,

 

I have lodged (online) my 175 in March 2011 (so I'm Cat4). I have been lucky and got a job offer in Oz ; they want me to start around mid-February.

 

My new employer can sponsor me but the paperwork will be a hassle, and since the Cat4 is moving, I'm wondering if it's worth getting the 457 visa... I could have a CO in the next weeks and a grant soon enough.

 

In the meantime, to make sure I can move in February, I'm considering applying for a WHV(417), even if I have to spend a week in NZ to have my grant letter (there are worse places to spend a week :) )

 

So, my questions

- Can I lodge online a 417 application whilst I have a 175 online in the pipe ? I have seen several opposite answers, so has anyone done it before ?

- Is it safe for my 175 application ? No risk to see it cancelled ? Should I lodge a PLE to warn DIAC that I'm applying for another visa ?

 

Thanks from France !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi,

 

I have lodged (online) my 175 in March 2011 (so I'm Cat4). I have been lucky and got a job offer in Oz ; they want me to start around mid-February.

 

My new employer can sponsor me but the paperwork will be a hassle, and since the Cat4 is moving, I'm wondering if it's worth getting the 457 visa... I could have a CO in the next weeks and a grant soon enough.

 

In the meantime, to make sure I can move in February, I'm considering applying for a WHV(417), even if I have to spend a week in NZ to have my grant letter (there are worse places to spend a week :) )

 

So, my questions

- Can I lodge online a 417 application whilst I have a 175 online in the pipe ? I have seen several opposite answers, so has anyone done it before ?

- Is it safe for my 175 application ? No risk to see it cancelled ? Should I lodge a PLE to warn DIAC that I'm applying for another visa ?

 

Thanks from France !

 

There is a chance that your 175 could be granted by Feb, as you say you are Cat 4, the update in CO allocation is now at 1 Feb, moved 1 month in 2 weeks. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

 

Yes you can apply for a 417 as your 175 has not been granted yet, only if it had been granted you couldnt do this, as the grant of 417 would override grant of 175.

 

IF you havent received your visa before Feb and you do go to Oz on 417, once you get CO inform them that you are in Australia so you can leave to get it granted.

 

I wouldnt bother with 457 as you will need to get medical insurance to compy with 8501 condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×