and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
JoandJon

En Route!!!

Hi all,

It's been a manic few days, but I'm actually on my way - currently dashing off a couple of emails from Changi, and boarding willb e starting soon for the final leg :)

Missing my hubby, but it's good to know it's only for a couple of weeks!!

Be back in touch once I'm in Melbourne - must dash!

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest guest37336
Hi all,

It's been a manic few days, but I'm actually on my way - currently dashing off a couple of emails from Changi, and boarding willb e starting soon for the final leg :)

Hi Jo.

What can I say except.

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::wubclub:

Guest guest37336

PS.

Jo if you have the time, nick out to the outside smoking area and say hello for me. One of my first memories of Changi.:notworthy::notworthy:

Guest guest37336

Bit off topic Jo.:wubclub:

Not a big tech person, but there you are in Singapore and still able to post on here.

I guess it has touched a certain nerve with me because I have had many experiences in Changi and can visulise just where you are (I think) typing away.:jiggy:

Tis a wonder of the modern age, and brings home how much I miss the old travel bug at times and particularly Australia.:cry::notworthy:

PS. Don't miss your connection.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

Hi all,

That'll be us next week. Can't wait!

OH's front loaded application (309 visa) received at AH 13/04/2011. CO assigned 20/04/2011. Original documents returned 26/04/2011. Visa approved 11/08/2011! Arrived in Adelaide 3/11/2011

Second stage (permanent) visa applied 2/04/2013. Visa granted 14/05/2013.

Hooray! You'll visit the doggy soon xx

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Bit off topic Jo.:wubclub:

Not a big tech person, but there you are in Singapore and still able to post on here.

I guess it has touched a certain nerve with me because I have had many experiences in Changi and can visulise just where you are (I think) typing away.:jiggy:

Tis a wonder of the modern age, and brings home how much I miss the old travel bug at times and particularly Australia.:cry::notworthy:

PS. Don't miss your connection.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

Lol Tony, I didn't visit the smoking area for you I'm afraid - but can confirm that I was near the Hard-Rock cafe when posting - love the free internet access at Changi it's brilliant! :) I bought 2 bottles of bombay sapphire for SIN$23- each, bargain :)

Have now arrived safely and have pretty much conquered the first-day jetlag!

Sitting here at Mum's in Mount Dandenong and starting to feel like I've never left!

Both flight legs were fine and uneventful except for a bit of turbulence, but the queues to get out of Melbourne airport were phenomenal! Be warned, everyone, that if you're arriving in the early morning it can take over an hour to get through quarantine etc. I asked someone if it was unusually busy, and she looked around and said 'Nahh, bit quiet for this time of day really!!!!'

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Welcome home xx

It will be great to have you on our time for a change.

It's not unusual to wait 2 hours at the airport and then you have the traffic. Hope the sun has made an appearance for you.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Cheers Kate :)

Walked Jazz (mum's dog) with her about 6am this morning and have met my nephews for the first time last night which was brilliant!!! I had a cat-nap yesterday arvo and then went to bed properly around 730-8pm and slept through until about 4am. I figure that's close enough to morning that I should be pretty settled into the time zone in no time.

We're off to play with the nephews again now and then will visit the Satchdog in quarantine this afternoon - I'll be driving in Melbourne for the first time in ages with my Mum as a passenger (not an experience I enjoy, she's horribly nervous with anyone other than my Dad driving...)

BacktoAdelaide - woohoo, your time is coming soon!!

3FatCats - am sooooo looking forward to seeing the Satchdog, but not looking forward to leaving her in quarantine when I have to go :(

Must dash!

Cheers Kate :)

Walked Jazz (mum's dog) with her about 6am this morning and have met my nephews for the first time last night which was brilliant!!! I had a cat-nap yesterday arvo and then went to bed properly around 730-8pm and slept through until about 4am. I figure that's close enough to morning that I should be pretty settled into the time zone in no time.

We're off to play with the nephews again now and then will visit the Satchdog in quarantine this afternoon - I'll be driving in Melbourne for the first time in ages with my Mum as a passenger (not an experience I enjoy, she's horribly nervous with anyone other than my Dad driving...)

BacktoAdelaide - woohoo, your time is coming soon!!

3FatCats - am sooooo looking forward to seeing the Satchdog, but not looking forward to leaving her in quarantine when I have to go :(

Must dash!

Have fun x

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.