Shipping 3 dogs,

Guest marchatfield

Guest marchatfield

Hi.

I am looking to ship 3 dogs out to emerald in queensland.

Due to time it is unlikely that this will be done before the rule change on jan 1st so i'm taking the for rabbies jabs next week anyway.

I have a couple of queries.

1 I know there is a rule on ownerhip of more than 2 dogs but you can get a license for another if you follow a certain procedure, Has anyone done this? was it difficult?

2 I have seen on here it is about £2000 per dog, is this for flights and quarentine or 1 or the other?

3 if i did send all 3 over would they be able to be shipped in the same 'cage' or would they need to be seperate?

4, I n qurrentine would they be in the same kennel or seperated?

Many thanks in advance, Marc.

Hi.

Due to time it is unlikely that this will be done before the rule change on jan 1st so i'm taking the for rabbies jabs next week anyway.

1 I know there is a rule on ownerhip of more than 2 dogs but you can get a license for another if you follow a certain procedure, Has anyone done this? was it difficult?

2 I have seen on here it is about £2000 per dog, is this for flights and quarentine or 1 or the other?

3 if i did send all 3 over would they be able to be shipped in the same 'cage' or would they need to be seperate?

1 - Will be dependent on the area you are living in. Check with local authorities. Am sure others will be along later with more info :)

2 - For shipping only. And dependent on the size of course. A JRT is much cheaper than a German Shepard or St Bernard. Its size not weight based. Quarantine you can add a whole heap more. Last time I checked for a quote is was in the region of $800-1000 Australian for the duration. Also things like blood tests and stuff before shipping you need to factor in and budget for.

3 - Usually in their own crates. They don't allow sharing. At most you could have a large crate split with a wire mesh so 2 dogs could share and be able to see each other but not touch.

4 - Not sure. I think its their own kennel but I am sure someone else can answer this.

Guest marchatfield

Thanks snifter,

I looked on website for queensland (moving to emerald) all i could find is about another permit will do some more digging!

They are a mixed bunch 1 pattadale terrier a colly and a staffie huntingbeagle X so nothing massive

Glad about the large create, staffie and patterdale are nearly inseprble and staffie gets nervous around strangers, so would be a small comfort to her. The colly is so laid back he falls over so wouldn't mind to much!

Hi.

Marc

My thoughts are:

1) you need to go to the Emerald authorities and ask them, in some parts of QLD, 2 dogs are fine, but for 3 you have to apply for a commercial licence, i dont think it is that hard just another hoop to jump through.

2)ask us for a quote which is free to get, so no harm in asking it will give you a good ball park. We are not the cheapest, but we do alot for our price (we book quarantine, meet you at the airport and do the check in for you, can collect, do paperwork, blood samples - tell us what you want and we can do you a price)

3) i am pretty sure from the breeds they will have to go in separate crates. If 2 are under 14kgs they can have the double crate with mesh. Anyway 3 pets flying on the same "ticket" will be loaded next to each other and be really close they will know their buddies are with them.

4) in quarantine i am certain only 2 dogs can share and they will not even guarantee the 3rd dog will be near them, though they do try