You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

MARYROSE02

Happiness, n. 'An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of others

Happens all the time, especially in sport. I'm sure there's more than just the City fans lapping up the misery of the United supporters.

'Ven frait zich a hoiker? Ven er eet a gresseren hoiker far zich' (When does a hunchback rejoice? When he sees one with a larger hump.) - Yiddish saying.

I thought about this a couple of hours after Spurs were thrashed 1-5 by Man City at WHL, when Arsenal lost 2-8 to Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Guest roaminnomore

So how many times have United gloated at City fans, it has been a long time coming... :tongue: me, :laugh:gloat, never :biglaugh:. Leila xxx

yes....

Yes it's wrong, and yes it's human. I do it every time i hear someone whinge about sausages. Mine are very nice thank you and I don't have to go all the way back to the UK to find better.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Guest roaminnomore

Okay, on a serious note. It is just one of those not so nice traits us humans have, some more than other. If you are happy for something you have achieved or worked hard for and you just want to shout it from the roof tops go for it but, dependant upon the circumstances of whatever it may be it is kinder to be mindful to those around you.

Ley x

I guess it may just be the 'Scrooge' in me that rises to the surface once in a while.

At Xmas I like to read 'A Chrismas Carol' backwards so it has an unhappy ending.

I'm completely stating the obvious here...but I'll do it anyway...I don't believe that genuinely happy people thrill in the misery of others. I think you have to be pretty unhappy to get your kicks this way.

Take the test yourself and see which you are:http://www.meaningandhappiness.com/oxford-happiness-questionnaire/214/. It's not a bad quiz.

Guest guest37336

I'd say that in 'general' 'normal' people have the ability to gloat to some degree, and in equal measure be happy for people as well, defining normal is a little more difficult though,:idea::wacko:

A lot depends on how we have been treated (or perceived) to have been treated by others.:mad:

If you are relatively happy with your life then I would reckon most of us are genuinely happy for others, but there are times when the old Karma bus does take its time come around to those that have dumped on us from a great height.

That is when you sit there waiting for the wheel to fall off of those that 'deserve' such treatment.

I often find myself hiding behind a bush with the biggest stick you can find, and when the numpty drives past aforementioned stick will be rammed right into the spokes of the 'wheel' that will hopefully fall off.

In other words I don't forgive easy and will at times go out of my way to ensure the moron is dealt a hefty blow of humble pie.:mad::embarrassed: and will 'gloat' to a degree,:jiggy::jiggy:

Although I try to keep this theory close to my 'real' life and only too those that I have met, I must admit that at times this 'emotion' seeps into other spheres of my life, i.e., forums, politics, reality shows, :biglaugh::mad:

I'm not a nasty person at heart, the opposite in fact but is a facet of my persona that I don't forgive easy is all.

Cheers Tony.

So how many times have United gloated at City fans, it has been a long time coming... :tongue: me, :laugh:gloat, never :biglaugh:. Leila xxx

heard people shouting about a sick swan last nite?

weird?

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.