The Pom Queen

Prawns down your pants - YUK!!

First don't they think people would have thought something smelt fishy:wink:

Secondly I am surprised that cases like this don't end up with their visas being revoked:no:

THREE European backpackers with champagne tastes have been caught shoving seafood down their pants in a supermarket deli.

The German and French nationals, who faced Maroochydore Magistrates Court in Queensland, will be eating "only pasta" after vowing not to steal any more food during their trip Down Under.

The trio were arrested on Monday when they were sprung sticking mussels, prawns and other gourmet foodstuffs down their shorts.

German tourist Jan Schieck, 20, pleaded guilty to stealing $6.60 worth of mussels from the Woolworths deli about 2pm on Monday.

"He placed the item down the front of his pants and left the store without paying," police prosecutor Rick Pallister told the court. "(When questioned) he said they were too expensive." Duty lawyer David Kolbe said his client could pay the $6.60 restitution sought by Woolworths as his client had $200 with him yesterday.

Schieck's French travelling buddies, both 22, also pleaded guilty to stealing prawns, gourmet cheese, chocolate, iced coffee and hazelnut spread.

Mats David Gabillard was ordered to pay $5.20 for the prawns he smuggled out of the store, along with a chocolate bar.

Maxime David Minier was more "Dare-ing", stealing a bottle of iced-coffee, two jars of Nutella and Italian cheese. He was ordered to pay $18.

All three escaped further punishment. Outside court the trio, here on tourist and working visas, said they had learnt from a night in the lock-up. "It was very boring. We spent 20 hours and there was nothing to do instead of sleeping," Schieck said. "It was a good experience. Now I think we'll stop the shoplifting."

The men admitted Monday's incident had not been their first attempt at a five-finger discount and that they could have afforded the items. "We were really hungry you know, we were just stupid and we didn't want to pay - that was the reason," Schieck said. "We just wanted to cook something. We just thought, yeah, we'll spend a little bit less money (and steal the items). "From now on we'll eat pasta again. Only pasta, nothing else." They also said they hoped to find work in the Brisbane area to finance the rest of their trip.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

It's the local paper, we don't have any major crime to report so they have to get some news from somewhere

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

German tourist Jan Schieck, 20, pleaded guilty to stealing $6.60 worth of mussels from the Woolworths deli about 2pm on Monday.

"He placed the item down the front of his pants and left the store without paying," police prosecutor Rick Pallister told the court. "(When questioned) he said they were too expensive." Duty lawyer David Kolbe said his client could pay the $6.60 restitution sought by Woolworths as his client had $200 with him yesterday.

There is a telling statement in there some where about the cost of living in Australia. $6.60 for a mussel must rival the $3 lemon?

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

I did mention elsewhere that prawns are 6 to 7 inches long...Maybe he wanted to impress his girlie friend???:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I did mention elsewhere that prawns are 6 to 7 inches long...Maybe he wanted to impress his girlie friend???:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

It's a good job he didn't try and put your barra down there:eek:

It's a good job he didn't try and put your barra down there:eek:

That would be a bit scary looking! lol :shocked:

Guest guest37336

There's a line here somewhere about 'Crabs' but I won't go down that road me thinks.:no:

There's a line here somewhere about 'Crabs' but I won't go down that road me thinks.:no:

:wub::no::no: Only you:wub::laugh::tongue::notworthy: