You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Harpodom

PIO real time SAUSAGE UPDATE

THIS IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS SAUSAGE RELATED!!!

fantastic old English pork bangers @ Tasman meats in Belmont. you heard it here first.

Have you found a decent banger lately? If so, where?

Or report dodgy snags masquerading as gourmet sausages right here!

My Brain Hurts!

also, and this may come as a shock, I was at a 4 year old's birthday party the other day (my weekends are so exciting) and the owner/proprietor/parent served up coles pork chippolatas....and they were delicious!

OMG, am I turning......AUSTRALIAN??

My Brain Hurts!

Sausage Update: Rob enjoyed some fine Chorizo sausage at the Bushfire Flame Grill in Cairns last night.

sausage.gifP A R T Y sausage.gif

also, and this may come as a shock, I was at a 4 year old's birthday party the other day (my weekends are so exciting) and the owner/proprietor/parent served up coles pork chippolatas....and they were delicious!

surely not! :shocked:

Sausage Update: Rob enjoyed some fine Chorizo sausage at the Bushfire Flame Grill in Cairns last night.

sausage.gifP A R T Y sausage.gif

chorizo is good! its the only type that i really like

What you have all forgot to mention is that next week sees "British Sausage Week"

sau.jpg

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

1800's English Sausage Recipe found in German Cookbook

English sausage recipe, not what I expected from a book of that time era. Ingredients:

Soak old stale bread in milk

1lb Almonds toasted and ground fine

1lb Sugar

Lemon zest

Mace

Caneel (translation required)

1/2lb Belly pork (ground)

12 Eggs

Method:

Mix all the ingredients together and fill your skins before poaching in half milk and half water then brown in a skillet to finish.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Yeah i saw that on our morrisons magazine! last weekend daves mum made cider sausages and chalots ( hope ive got correct spelling) from a recipe book, i was a bit doubtful at first but it was actually really nice! i had a lot less sausage than everyone else but the cider sauce was nice. I'll see if i can get the recipe if anyone wants it

SCIENTISTS are on the verge of growing artificial meat in laboratories without the need for animal slaughter. Within months, the first synthetic sausage may be ready to roll.

Researchers say the advent of "pain-free" meat produced from stem cells could save millions of animals from the abattoir and help the environment through substantially reduced energy, land and water use.

But a major stumbling block will be turning cultured meat into a tasty, textured and nutritious option that could make mouths water in supermarkets and restaurants.

The time and cost, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars to clump together a single test-tube burger pattie, are major hurdles.

Dutch researcher Dr Mark Post, of Maastricht University, predicts the first synthetic sausage could be just six months away. "I'm hopeful we can have a hamburger in a year," he told New Scientist.

A Cattle Council of Australia spokesman said the development would not threaten farmers given the difficulty in creating a protein-rich substance, and the sheer amount that would need to be produced.

New Scientist said Dr Post has experimented with pig cells fed with horse fetal serum to grow muscle-like strips, and is ready to expand tests to cow cells.

Bioethicists believe producing synthetic meat from muscle stem cells could give consumers the chance to try meat from exotic animals without the need to kill.

But there is a long way to go to please fussy carnivores. Forget about a robust medium-rare synthetic steak - the tissue strips created so far are white because they contain no blood.

Don't know if this qualifies, but had one of the best sausage rolls ever here in Camberwell.

if it has 'sausage' in the name, and it's edible, it qualifies.....

My Brain Hurts!

SCIENTISTS are on the verge of growing artificial meat in laboratories without the need for animal slaughter. Within months, the first synthetic sausage may be ready to roll.

Researchers say the advent of "pain-free" meat produced from stem cells could save millions of animals from the abattoir and help the environment through substantially reduced energy, land and water use.

But a major stumbling block will be turning cultured meat into a tasty, textured and nutritious option that could make mouths water in supermarkets and restaurants.

The time and cost, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars to clump together a single test-tube burger pattie, are major hurdles.

Dutch researcher Dr Mark Post, of Maastricht University, predicts the first synthetic sausage could be just six months away. "I'm hopeful we can have a hamburger in a year," he told New Scientist.

A Cattle Council of Australia spokesman said the development would not threaten farmers given the difficulty in creating a protein-rich substance, and the sheer amount that would need to be produced.

New Scientist said Dr Post has experimented with pig cells fed with horse fetal serum to grow muscle-like strips, and is ready to expand tests to cow cells.

Bioethicists believe producing synthetic meat from muscle stem cells could give consumers the chance to try meat from exotic animals without the need to kill.

But there is a long way to go to please fussy carnivores. Forget about a robust medium-rare synthetic steak - the tissue strips created so far are white because they contain no blood.

Hmmm not sure about that one, do you think anyone would eat it

Hmmm not sure about that one, do you think anyone would eat it

Well I wouldn't:confused:

Tried Cole's new lines in sausages yesterday. Thick link Angus beef. I was pleasantly surprised being a pork man myself.

Yes Harpo, the chippolatas are quite nice. I cook them on the barbie and then drop them into a pan of onion gravy and simmer for 5 minutes. They go well with mash and peas.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

the tissue strips created so far are white because they contain no blood

mmmmmm, nice

no $hit Sherlock!

My advice? NEVER trust yer dinner in the hands of a scientist. I'm reminded of my first year at Manchester Uni, where I shared a flat with (amongst others: homosexual Geordie sociopath, Israeli psychopath, Greek misogynist, Chinese nihilist) a Scouse Science Geek. His mam cooked all his dinners and froze them individually, to be reheated in the microwave.......

My Brain Hurts!

The insinuation being the loss of taste and culture? Not a big step for you really.

Stop Press: Secret shopping centre sausage surveillance shows spinach snags selling for a sizzling $11.29/kg

sausage-smiley.gif

sausage.jpg

eurgh even looking at them makes me feel queasy! are these chicken sausages any good?

Stop Press: Secret shopping centre sausage surveillance shows spinach snags selling for a sizzling $11.29/kg

sausage-smiley.gif

sausage.jpg

Am I reading that right, chicken Kiev sausages? Wtf???

My Brain Hurts!

Yep and spinach and pinenut chicken.... weird. i think i'll stick to normal chicken!

wow dom thats some mix of flat mates! must of been interesting!?

Interesting is a way of describing it Stacey, as is eclectic, or exotic, but I prefer to think of it as $hite

My Brain Hurts!

Interesting is a way of describing it Stacey, as is eclectic, or exotic, but I prefer to think of it a $hite

sounds like something out of a comedy show lol, how long did you have to stay with them for

sounds like something out of a comedy show lol, how long did you have to stay with them for

A year, by which stage I'd pretty much lost all faith in humanity

My Brain Hurts!