2 extra days in Melbourne Quarantine

Guest James Parsons

Guest James Parsons

Hello,

Has anybody paid for extra night's in Quarantine in Melbourne? Our dog Bella can leave on the 16th Jan, however we set off from the UK on the 16th and cannot pick her up until the 18th. We had to send her first because of the rabies jab! and thats the earliest we can get there.

Any help advice would be appreciated as Bella is my biggest worry with our move, she's such a softy!

Thanks Hayley

Ps she's a springer spaniel by the way.

Have you contacted the kennels directly to enquire? I am sure this sort of thing happens a fair bit and they can tell you exactly what is what.

Is it is possible she may have to move to a boarding kennels? I am not sure the quarantine will continue to keep her once her time is done. Other dogs coming in and all that. I've not heard one way or the other but I'd guess if they are solely a quarantine kennel they may not extend past the 30 days. But then again, they might. I know the kennels get booked up in advance sometimes and if people are doing like you and sending ahead because of the rabies side of things it may not be possible to extend her stay even if they did offer boarding.

I'd contact them and discuss tbh. I always think this sort of thing is better going to the horses mouth direct and hearing from them. They are the only ones who can tell you for definate what will happen.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Hayley

There are boarding kennels or pet minders who will pick her up and care for her until you arrive, if you want some contacts give me a shout.

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James Parsons

Just to let you know I emailed quarantine and they said Bella can stay on the extra day's untill we get there so thats a bit of a relief! I feel like everything is coming together now!

Hayley and Bella!