Is contraception free in Australia?

purpledonna

Well I for one am glad that someone asked the question as I was wondering about it too, can you get a family member from the UK to get a repeat prescription for you and send it over? Someone told me that's what they do but i didn't think you could send medication in the post?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the potential side effects from OCP, I'd be a bit concerned if a GP would do repeats without seeing someone ... do they not check peoples BP's anymore?

Yes but not everytime, i think that you can get a years worth or more before another check with the Dr.

Well I for one am glad that someone asked the question as I was wondering about it too, can you get a family member from the UK to get a repeat prescription for you and send it over? Someone told me that's what they do but i didn't think you could send medication in the post?

I have a bit of a problem with this tbh. Once someone leaves the UK on a permanent basis, why would they expect the British taxpayer to continue to fund their choice of contraception? Irrespective of the number of years an individual has paid taxes into the system, that money is not put into an account for us to draw on at a later date – it is used to support the wide range of public services that support day to day life in the UK. If the British taxpayer is funding contraception for someone who no longer lives in the UK, as a consequence that money is not being spent on public services for UK residents. I am not trying to be controversial here, nor do I intend to offend anyone….I just feel that if you leave a country to start a new life, maybe the folk left behind shouldn’t be expected to support it …….pensioners excepted.

Guest guest37336

I realise that this a fairly serious thread but from a mans (maybe not a Friday evening,:wubclub:) point of view I will say this.

It's about time men were not treated as dummies when it comes to contraception,:mad:. Men are known to be highly responsible and educated in all uses of condoms, it is drilled into us from a very early age.:idea:

From youngsters we are told to have 'safe' sex and it is NOT just the good ladies responsibility to make sure all recommendations are put into place.:no:

From early school days when we have had sex education classes we have taken this matter very seriously indeed, after all when one was passed around and we had a good look there was nothing better than 'remembering' what we had learnt by saying to each other for days on end:

'Pass The Rubber.............................Johnny'.:shocked::biglaugh:

As loving partners we will always make sure the responsibilities bestowed upon us are taken seriously and adhered to.

Many a man has used a condom responsibly, nothing better than blowing one up to look like a 'Zeppelin, (just as you can with a rubber glove to make it look like a cows udder,:yes::biglaugh:).

It's hardly a mans fault (we are built differently) that those words are whispered into our shell likes:

'Fancy An Early Night',:wubclub::eek::jiggy:

That we then become crumpling wrecks of our former selves. All fingers and thumbs as we 'try' to dislodge the little bugger from the packaging that seems to have been manufactured with 'insanity' in mind. Find it easier to unwrap that bloody airport 'cling film' myself.:nah:

After eventually getting it out of the packet and the silly jokes about Zeppelins and the latest 'flavour':wacko: of the condom (normally Pina Colada) the lady in question whose first amorous mutterings drove us to this state we find the poor woman either asleep, playing bingo online, or through desperation gone round to her best mates where a nice bottle of red and a 'chat' seems to satisfy her more.:no:

So come on ladies, we are all grown up, just remember that a latex thingy holds many a giggle and laugh for us men, just give us time and we will one day get the hang on of it.

I'll get my coat and leave peacefully now.:embarrassed:

Cheers Tony.

Guest sh7t man no way

nothing much in oz is for free--best stock up in the uk,and take what you need--maybe a friend could post you some stuff out if you run out--dont know if its allowed through customs though:unsure:

Due to the potential side effects from OCP, I'd be a bit concerned if a GP would do repeats without seeing someone ... do they not check peoples BP's anymore?

In the three years I was in Switzerland and the 18months I've been in Australia, I've not once had my BP checked when getting a pill prescription, so apparently, no they don't check BP anymore. (I know my BP's on the low side of normal anyway though, from all the visa/diving etc medicals I've had, but it is worrying that it's not checked as a matter of course)

In the three years I was in Switzerland and the 18months I've been in Australia, I've not once had my BP checked when getting a pill prescription, so apparently, no they don't check BP anymore. (I know my BP's on the low side of normal anyway though, from all the visa/diving etc medicals I've had, but it is worrying that it's not checked as a matter of course)

They dont check BP everytime you go to the docs here either, although i havent been in ages so maybe they've started doing it more

After eventually getting it out of the packet and the silly jokes about Zeppelins and the latest 'flavour':wacko: of the condom (normally Pina Colada)

Pina Colada flavoured condoms :huh: whatever next? :wacko:

I'd rather have a nice glass of Pina Colada anytime :smile: