register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Libbysmummy

will need to take xmas prezzies in suitcase -?import duties

Good morning/evening

As i'd already started buying christmas presants for the kids and we'll be over in a few weeks, i'll need to bring them in a suitcase, unwrapped so curtoms can see, should i keep the receipts to show them will i be charged taxes? The container wont be there in time for christmas and they are only toys eg hm armed forces and barbie, disney princess dolls! I'll do the remainder of my shopping once we've arrived, i want to make christmas very special with moving as my little girl is convinced it wont be christmas as they'll be no snow or chimney for santa :wink: thanks, Lisa x

event.png

Good morning/evening

As i'd already started buying christmas presants for the kids and we'll be over in a few weeks, i'll need to bring them in a suitcase, unwrapped so curtoms can see, should i keep the receipts to show them will i be charged taxes? The container wont be there in time for christmas and they are only toys eg hm armed forces and barbie, disney princess dolls! I'll do the remainder of my shopping once we've arrived, i want to make christmas very special with moving as my little girl is convinced it wont be christmas as they'll be no snow or chimney for santa :wink: thanks, Lisa x

You only pay duty on items over $1000 in total.

:wink: