You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

MARYROSE02

Which is the LAST country you would want to live in?

North Korea.

Burma.

Saudi Arabia.

Anywhere else in The Middle East.

Zimbabwe

Anwhere else in Africa (except perhaps South Africa?)

I would also add Mexico to that list. I think that the drug crime is pretty bad there at the moment.

Guest Pete the Feet

Australia

As what? Self? Middle class, working class, upper class? Different countries mean different things to different classes/ethnicities/religions.

As you ? In your present form . Next question , where abouts in that country , slum , mansion on the beach ? For me , most probably Alaska . Cold and dark for six months .light all night for summer. Too depressing and a lack of sleep !

I suppose you could look, partly at the 'actual' emigration/immigration stats, and partly at the numbers of people who 'want' to come to, or leave, a particular country?

I don't suppose there are too many refugees from the USA living in Burma or North Korea.

There must be something good about Australia if all the boat people are willing to pay a fortune for 'six months in a leaky boat!'

No offense to anyone, but:

1 - Pakistan

2 - Mexico

Mexico used to be my escape route from tbe US until the Cartel situation. It's very bad. We had murders in Austin that were linked to them. Juarez holds the title "most dangerous city in the world"

Guest proudoz

China...the people are lovely...the food divine...but their policies ?

China...the people are lovely...the food divine...but their policies ?

Which policies ?

Which policies ?

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Propping up North Korea

The irony is that it is capitalism that props up Chinese communism.

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Tibet

Propping up North Korea

The irony is that it is capitalism that props up Chinese communism.

And the rest of us regardless of what they do we the world are trading with them and they are only the only oes suppressing people checkout India and it's occupation of Kashmir and the ironey they support the independence of tibet!

And the rest of us regardless of what they do we the world are trading with them and they are only the only oes suppressing people checkout India and it's occupation of Kashmir and the ironey they support the independence of tibet!

So WHY does Kashmir belong EXCLUSIVELY to Pakistan then? Does Pakistan have the only legitimate claim? To be honest I don't know the answer and I would prefer it if Kasmir was made a 'no-go' area for both India and Pakistan.

BUT, having said that, if I had to choose between India and Pakistan, well, flawed India may be, but it IS still a democracy.

We trade with China as we trade with many 'dodgy' countries. I'm still confident that, eventually, communism will collapse there as it has everywhere else in the world, apart from a couple of basket cases of course.

I'd rather that Taiwan took over China, not the other way round.

Having done a brief bit of research, I still have no idea who should control Kashmir and I did not realize that China has a slice too. As India and Pakistan have fought three wars over it and India and China one, I suspect that it will be a disputed territory when there is peace in The Middle East - i.e. NEVER!

So WHY does Kashmir belong EXCLUSIVELY to Pakistan then? Does Pakistan have the only legitimate claim? To be honest I don't know the answer and I would prefer it if Kasmir was made a 'no-go' area for both India and Pakistan.

BUT, having said that, if I had to choose between India and Pakistan, well, flawed India may be, but it IS still a democracy.

We trade with China as we trade with many 'dodgy' countries. I'm still confident that, eventually, communism will collapse there as it has everywhere else in the world, apart from a couple of basket cases of course.

I'd rather that Taiwan took over China, not the other way round.

Having done a brief bit of research, I still have no idea who should control Kashmir and I did not realize that China has a slice too. As India and Pakistan have fought three wars over it and India and China one, I suspect that it will be a disputed territory when there is peace in The Middle East - i.e. NEVER!

being of kashmiri origin I feel that kashmir should have the right to independence and India maybe a democracy but ask any minority how this democracy treats them!

yes kashmir has been split india\pakistan and china have a slice but there are 2 movements one for independence and another to join pakistan (as at the time of partition a state with majority muslim was to be part of pakistan hence East Pakistan being present day Bangladesh being thousands of miles apart)

I suppose, in hindsight, Colonel Gaddafi would say 'Libya?'

i guess he was trying to get out of Libya, thing is only mario can travel in a pipe.

he's been living the highlife outside the real world too long.

nintendo will get you killed so it seems!

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.

being of kashmiri origin I feel that kashmir should have the right to independence and India maybe a democracy but ask any minority how this democracy treats them!

yes kashmir has been split india\pakistan and china have a slice but there are 2 movements one for independence and another to join pakistan (as at the time of partition a state with majority muslim was to be part of pakistan hence East Pakistan being present day Bangladesh being thousands of miles apart)

Thanks for the little bit of interesting history/politics.

i guess he was trying to get out of Libya, thing is only mario can travel in a pipe.

he's been living the highlife outside the real world too long.

nintendo will get you killed so it seems!

It's strange for me - I make (bad-taste?) jokes about him and he did all these awful things but I still feel sorry for him seeing how he died. I guess it's an 'emotional' not a 'rational' response.

aye and england:laugh:

How can you tell when you have crossed the border? Is it some deep-seated emotional response as you suddenly think 'here be tygers?'

Or is there still a kind of 'force field' type barrier which follows the course of Hadrian's Wall, or should that be the ?Antoinine Wall? where this big Roman/Sassenach hand pushes you in the chest and says, 'Sorry, Jock, no Picts south of this point!'

I'm old enough to remember hearing that Hitler had shot himself. At the time there was anger because he had taken the coward's way out and avoided the war crime trials. Gaddafi, at the very least, did not run away.

Nigel's Travel Blog

General Blog

I live in Australia for family reasons. My family is in UK.