tonyman

6 Million Jews Dead ......

my daughter has been reading the Once , Now and Then books ......she seems to be a little obsessed about the going ons in the war .....ive just read a small caption from the book and i WILL read the rest , but why do the Jews have such a big hang up with the brits when it was the Natzi`s that tried to wipe them out ....ive passed many a Jew in Salford Madchester and they dont even look at you , what is their problem with the race that saved them ...?......:mad:

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Maybe because of the "EVIAN convention" nick,and the fact the allies werent very welcoming to refugee ships like the "exodus" after the war,google "voyage of the damned" as well mate:wubclub:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest boxtobox

Possibly something to do with the fact that we, the British, were well informed about Belsen, Auschwitz-Birkenau and other similar camps early in there existance and did nothing to destroy them? This despite the Jewish communities appealing for action.

I have visited Auschwitz-Berkenau, no I am not Jewish, and it is something I will never forget. If ever you need a wake up call and need a reason to be thankful to be alive every Monday when you don't feel like getting up for work then this is a journey I suggest you take.

My cousin also visited there and she said she'll never forget it. I hope to visit one day

Guest boxtobox

I know it won't, but it should be made mandatory for all school kids to visit and be informed of our recent history, it is only a generation or so ago for some of us.

At my old school they've started giving the history classes the chance to go, thats who my cousin went with. It's only open to 5th and 6th years. I wish I had the chance when i was there. Maybe one day.

Have you saw the film called the boy in striped pyjamas? It's so sad, i couldnt stop crying at the ending

Funny how the British Empire started the first Concentration camps in South Africa

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Guest boxtobox

Totally agree with you Perthbum - still doesn't make it right does it? What about turning it round and asking about the Villawood, Manus Island or Nauru detention centres? Are they the modern day equivilents? One man's meat.....?

Funny how the British Empire started the first Concentration camps in South Africa

One of life's little ironies isn't it. If British had run their concentration camps 'properly' then the Boers would have been wiped out and Apartheid would probably never have happened.

Totally agree with you Perthbum - still doesn't make it right does it? What about turning it round and asking about the Villawood, Manus Island or Nauru detention centres? Are they the modern day equivilents? One man's meat.....?

If they are all concentration camps then the Australian dis-information campaign is not working very well, as potential refugees know full well what will happen to them if they buy a passage on a refugee boat to OZ.

A short period of not too hard to bear discomfort, followed by guaranteed Permanent Residence in OZ with full social security benefits.

All this whilst eminently suitable potential migrants from the UK and Ireland are denied entrance to OZ.

Does that make any sense?

Guest guest37336

Got to agree with most of the posters so far Nick. We turned a blind eye for some years as to what was going on and when they were finally liberated the 'welcome' they received was a little stifled unfortunatly mate.

It seems as though we haven't learnt many lessons either mate, Kosovo, Uganda, Somalia are only a few short years ago, but the toothless wonder that is the UN once again turned their backs and MILLIONS once again lost their lives through ineptitude and arrogance.

Cheers Tony.

One of life's little ironies isn't it. If British had run their concentration camps 'properly' then the Boers would have been wiped out and Apartheid would probably never have happened.

It was only the women and children who were held in the camps, the boars were much better fighters that the Brits man for man and to give them credit they did make South Africa into a great Country, shame they did not respect the indigenous black people much like aborigines are not respected in Oz.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Possibly something to do with the fact that we, the British, were well informed about Belsen, Auschwitz-Birkenau and other similar camps early in there existance and did nothing to destroy them? This despite the Jewish communities appealing for action.

I have visited Auschwitz-Berkenau, no I am not Jewish, and it is something I will never forget. If ever you need a wake up call and need a reason to be thankful to be alive every Monday when you don't feel like getting up for work then this is a journey I suggest you take.

Been there too, couldn't agree more.....:cry:

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Guest guest37336
I know it won't, but it should be made mandatory for all school kids to visit and be informed of our recent history, it is only a generation or so ago for some of us.

Hi matey.

My eldests school used to have two pupils (sixth form) go to Auschwitz and was paid for by a mixture of the local authority and parental contributions.:yes:

Unfortunately three years ago it was stopped due to lack of funding.:no:

But hey ho never mind, the school skiing trip still takes place every year.:mad::mad:

My dad was one of the many that went into Auschwitz to 'clear up' and what he saw shook him to the core and it does to this very day.

My parents have been back twice since then, just as a reminder of what should NEVER happen again in the history of mankind, but it will.:realmad::no:

Cheers Tony.:no::mad:

I've visited Dachau and Auschwitz and was enormously moved by both. The strange thing was that the most compelling part for me was an exhibit of a pile of shoes left behind by the people who had lost their lives. It was really just a big pile of shoes but it had people sobbing in front of it. It's like the horror is on such a huge scale that we can only really take it in via the small mundane details. I understood the significance of the shoes but my brain couldn't cope with facing the full reality of the gas chambers - even when standing inside one.

I'm confused about the average Jewish person in the street comment. I've lived next to Golders Green, been down to Hatton Garden (where my girlfriend used to work) plenty of times, and never once had the inclination to misinterpret any Jewish persons manners as meaning they hate me, the UK, or are ungrateful for anything we did in the war.

I think it might be a bit much to have every Jew we meet bow down in front of us, but if that's what's needed for them to show gratification then at least it'll keep some people happy.

Guest Pete the Feet

I'm going back to England so I can put the gas central heating on.

I think Britain has the 2nd biggest Jewish population in Europe (after France) and the fifth biggest in the world.

Of course, Britain has long been a place of political/religious refuge It is interesting to speculate what might have happened in the 20th Century if Britain had not given Karl Marx refuge.

I see that the USA has as many Jews living there as does Israel itself which might explain why the US supports Israel so strongly.

Guest guest59177
[snip]...A short period of not too hard to bear discomfort, followed by guaranteed Permanent Residence in OZ with full social security benefits.

All this whilst eminently suitable potential migrants from the UK and Ireland are denied entrance to OZ....[snip]

And Pakistan, may I be so presumptuous to add??? :cute: