Car Hire - Perth WA

mwgster

Hi

Could anyone recommend a decent car hire company.

We would be looking to pick up from Perth International Airport end of March 2012.

We have seen that argus car hire are very competitive and seem quite good... Not sure how new their cars are? Would appreciate any feedback from people that may have used this company.

Thanks

Martin

Guest boxtobox

As the other posters have said 'No Birds' AKA Bayswater Car Hire have always been really good when I have needed to hire - only have Toyota Corolla's, not sure how big a motor you need, but always really good, hastle free service.

Just dug out my last receipt from July and it shows $33 a day for unlimited K's and extra driver, if needed, $20. Just remember to fill it right up before returning as I was charged a refilling charge once, my own fault!!

Hope this helps.

As the other posters have said 'No Birds' AKA Bayswater Car Hire have always been really good when I have needed to hire - only have Toyota Corolla's, not sure how big a motor you need, but always really good, hastle free service.

Just dug out my last receipt from July and it shows $33 a day for unlimited K's and extra driver, if needed, $20. Just remember to fill it right up before returning as I was charged a refilling charge once, my own fault!!

Hope this helps.

Did they have a choice of Manual/Automatic , i just remember being given an automatic without them asking if we prefered manual, ditto to what you have written above we hired in March. First time driving an automatic and i loved it. Although we came home to a speeding ticket $150 , pesky hidden cameras. We bought a sat nav on sale which worked out cheaper than hiring one from them at $5 a day. we had the car for nearly 3wks so buying one was cheaper, thats if you need one.

Guest boxtobox

No it was auto or auto!

Just reading the OP's question, it looks like they want to hire from the airport? Pretty sure Bayswater is close by the airport, only been here for 3 months, maybe look to get a cab to an office and pick up from there? May work out cheaper than a rip off from the airport which possibly will need to go back to the airport once finished with - OK if flying back to UK but likely to be a right royal pain if not.

I agree about the Sat Nav also - I still use mine almost daily otherwise I wouldn't get home for my tea! Speed cameras?? Don't get me going on these......

Hey guys,

Many thanks for the replies..

Seems like No Birds get the vote eh..

I am guessing a Toyota Corolla hatch will be big enough for 2 adults and 2 small kiddies. We have a Ford Focus/Audi A3 at home so I guess it is a similar size. We will have one big case and another smaller.. Wife's parents will be coming and hiring another car so we can always drop an extra bag on their seat... Plus my wife will want to drive so don't want to get anthing much bigger than what we have in the UK.

Good point about the automatic... I would prefer a manual but I guess most cars in Oz are Auto! That will be interesting! ha

I think NB's they are located a few K's from the airport.. Given they get such a good write up, it may be worth the hassle of hiring a cab to get there..

Thanks again,

Martin

Hey guys,

Many thanks for the replies..

Seems like No Birds get the vote eh..

I am guessing a Toyota Corolla hatch will be big enough for 2 adults and 2 small kiddies. We have a Ford Focus/Audi A3 at home so I guess it is a similar size. We will have one big case and another smaller.. Wife's parents will be coming and hiring another car so we can always drop an extra bag on their seat... Plus my wife will want to drive so don't want to get anthing much bigger than what we have in the UK.

Good point about the automatic... I would prefer a manual but I guess most cars in Oz are Auto! That will be interesting! ha

I think NB's they are located a few K's from the airport.. Given they get such a good write up, it may be worth the hassle of hiring a cab to get there..

Thanks again,

Martin

Happy holidays, safe driving and keep an eye on your speed they are red hot over there and hide the cameras in bushes at side of road. I was relieved we only had the one ticket. We hired ours from Fremantle as we were staying close by. Always park facing the way you are going otherwise you will get a ticket, they love me going over there i reckon i pay for their xmas party each year :policeman::arghh:

Hi we have had a quote for $30 a day for a Hyundai i20 manual with Wangara Car Hire and they do free airport pick ups :wink:

Mandi

Free airport pickup- they have charged us $260 return to Hilary's!

We have also hired a ix35 for 2 weeks- $528

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mandi1971
Free airport pickup- they have charged us $260 return to Hilary's!

We have also hired a ix35 for 2 weeks- $528

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only go off my quote which was discounted for a four week rental and I got charged $65 for the Airport pick up with it being out of hours. It's the best quote I've had so far but I'm waiting for more

Mandi