MARYROSE02

Maybe I haven't missed the revolution after all - it's just moved to Melbourne!

I just heard about it on JJJ. One of the 'Melbourneistas' just said that they 'are all on the same page' so they must all have their Blackberries and I Phones working.

Where would a revolution be without Steve Jobs eh? I expect to see his photo replacing Che pretty soon!

MARY, have ever considered setting up a blog page? It seems a lot of your threads are more comments and ones that don't necessarily encourage debate or discussion. Perhaps you could open a twitter account or maybe have your very own 'MARY BLOG' thread on here.....:idea:

My Brain Hurts!

MARY, have ever considered setting up a blog page? It seems a lot of your threads are more comments and ones that don't necessarily encourage debate or discussion. Perhaps you could open a twitter account or maybe have your very own 'MARY BLOG' thread on here.....:idea:

I could try I suppose but when I do pose some subject for discussion, nobody responds anyway.

For instance, I remember once asking 'poll - what is your favourite beach in Sydney?' and got zero replies, which is rather frustrating. It even provoked me to be 'smart' and ask something banal - does anyone miss roundabouts, for instance, and then being inundated by replies, which is also frustrating.

Perhaps I am just asking the wrong questions or I am at the wrong end of the migration process?

maybe you could put up a poll asking whether you should post your musings as part of a single blog, or as seperate threads

My Brain Hurts!

single threads..

well it wouldnt be much of a debate if we all agreed!

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.

oh dont even ask me, i cant even put up a you tube link... im useless with computers

single threads..

well it wouldnt be much of a debate if we all agreed!

perhaps we could have a poll to discuss whether to put up a poll?

My Brain Hurts!

Perhaps I am just asking the wrong questions

More than likely. Try asking about where to find decent sausages in Australia. That should elicit some responses. Oh! :err: errrrr? Wait a minute :idea: I said 'decent". Forget the above. You'd probably get zero response :biglaugh:

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

I could try I suppose but when I do pose some subject for discussion, nobody responds anyway.

For instance, I remember once asking 'poll - what is your favourite beach in Sydney?' and got zero replies, which is rather frustrating. It even provoked me to be 'smart' and ask something banal - does anyone miss roundabouts, for instance, and then being inundated by replies, which is also frustrating.

Perhaps I am just asking the wrong questions or I am at the wrong end of the migration process?

I've never been to a single beach in Sydney so it wouldn't apply to me nor many others I'd think.

I think sometimes as is the way of forums that people like to give opinions on topical topics. If you are posting subjects that are more personal musings/ramblings and the like it can be less eye catching and also harder to reply to. I know I tend to read but not reply to those sorts of posts. Doesn't mean I am not interested, but like was mentioned in another thread, those sorts of day to day things are stuff I usually talk to my hubby about or friends. I don't tend to go post them all on a forum as tbh I don't feel they really have a place, at least for me in my forum habits. Sure the odd thing once a month might get posted, but for the rest I tend to leave it alone.

I think a blog is a good idea. I am not sure Twitter is for you as its a limit of 140 characters per tweet. But there is nothing to stop you tweeting a lot ;)

You don't have to go far to blog either. Just use the forum one. In your User CP, left hand menu, right at the very bottom you'll see BLOG. Click on that and away you go :) I do think if you talk about your day to day stuff and your musings its a good thing. Cathartic :)

i think a blog on ctf would be fine, more likely to get noticed

My Brain Hurts!

I've never been to a single beach in Sydney so it wouldn't apply to me nor many others I'd think.

I think sometimes as is the way of forums that people like to give opinions on topical topics. If you are posting subjects that are more personal musings/ramblings and the like it can be less eye catching and also harder to reply to. I know I tend to read but not reply to those sorts of posts. Doesn't mean I am not interested, but like was mentioned in another thread, those sorts of day to day things are stuff I usually talk to my hubby about or friends. I don't tend to go post them all on a forum as tbh I don't feel they really have a place, at least for me in my forum habits. Sure the odd thing once a month might get posted, but for the rest I tend to leave it alone.

I think a blog is a good idea. I am not sure Twitter is for you as its a limit of 140 characters per tweet. But there is nothing to stop you tweeting a lot ;)

You don't have to go far to blog either. Just use the forum one. In your User CP, left hand menu, right at the very bottom you'll see BLOG. Click on that and away you go :) I do think if you talk about your day to day stuff and your musings its a good thing. Cathartic :)

More good ideas for me, thanks very much, just so long as I don't get 'Writers' blog?' I think I might have won the prize for the one millionth person to say that?

The bulk of the forum is taken up by serious migration issues, I've noticed, '457 ?'s, etc. which I don't have experience with. And with WHV, which I do, it's all ancient history.

I like to answer queries about Sydney of course, maybe stick my oar in from time to time.

I must and think about my first ever blog entry! I did not even know there was a blog on here either!

ps NEVER been to a Sydney beach? You have not lived!

More than likely. Try asking about where to find decent sausages in Australia. That should elicit some responses. Oh! :err: errrrr? Wait a minute :idea: I said 'decent". Forget the above. You'd probably get zero response :biglaugh:

I know there is something rather odd about Aussie sausages. Someone once told me that they actually put too much meat in them, whereas in UK you just get all the stuff swept up from the butcher's floor.

Burgers, steaks, etc, are all fine too. There was an article in the paper the other day too about 'gourmet' sausages with ever more outlandish ingredients and tastes.

Pommie sausages are so good that, one year, my Dad and me had them for Xmas dinner!