TRA Skills Assessment

natasha2106

Hi

Can anyone please help us??

We started our process in February 2011 and have completed the IELTS and AQF (as husband hadn't completed apprentiship), we submitted our TRA skills assessment in July after the new points system came out, we have tried several times through our agent to get an update but they keep telling us that the tra haven't replied to any applications under the new points system.

Has anyone applied to the TRA since July 2011 and have you had a response yet, or are you still waiting for a reply or update.

Please let me know how your getting on as I feel that we are just being forgotten and am getting tired of keep chasing our agents who keep telling us the same thing.

thanks

Natasha :mad:

Guest whayaaat

I'm not too sure of your circumstance but I applied to TRA after July for electrical assessment and they sent it all back within a week or two saying that they don't assess this anymore and it's Victoria University that do it now at a whopping cost of $2500 approx as opposed to 300 for the TRA

OMG! I can't believe they are now requesting more money for another department to process the application.

We placed the TRA in July for my husband as Metal Machinist and he has completed the AQF too. We have been told that they haven't replied to any applications since July to our agents - but I cannot understand why they aren't giving updates. Starting to get frustrated as my husband turns 33 in February and then we won't get the amount of points due to his age!!!!:arghh:

Guest whayaaat

I was pretty p'eed of myself as I had already gotten my Australian Recognised Trade Certificate from TRA in October 2010. Had ticked a box on application for migration letter. Didn't worry about it for a few months and then rang to get the migration letter and they told me that that application form I had used(although the current app on the website at the time) was outdated and I would have to reapply for a skills assessment letter! I rang them and they said to send all my details to TRA and pay my 300 only for it to be sent back and I should apply via Vic Uni!!(there are other places I think but I went Vic Uni) ($6-700 odd for paper assessment and 1600 odd for a Skype interview which lasted 10 mins because the guy realised I already had elec license and done exams here so he just ticked whatever he needed!!!)such a crap system!!!I got the runaround big time but had to be done...need that visa!

Guest whayaaat

Dont understand why you guys aren't getting updated about it though because as I say they sent all my docs back with the refusal to assess letter within the week or two!