moving to Gladstone in Feb 2012- where to start with primary schools.

millers

Hi,

We are moving to Gladstone, Queensland in Feb 2012 and want to know about primary schools for our 6yr old son.....do we organise now or wait till we get to Gladstone??? so much to think about....any help would be greatfully received....any good schools in which areas...? thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...

No harm in firing out an email or two, but you need to know where you will be living before you stat looking for schools, unless you want to go private.

I see you have seen my bit about our experience on another thread. Do get in touch if you need any help.

Not sure about other schools in the area, but many do not seem to be over-subscribed, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting them in.

The new school year starts on 24 January. No chance you could get out here for then???

• 2 months later...

Hi

You could make initial enquiries on the internet but the headteacher will normally meet with you for enrolment. There are excellent private and public schools to choose from:) Recommend any of the schools in Boyne Island & Tannum Sands as lived there a number of years and my children went to school there

• 5 months later...
Guest melanieb

Hi there, just wondering how you are settling in & which school you decided on? We moved to Tannum in January & our 5 year old goes to St Francis. It's beautiful here but am finding it a bit quiet, am sure we'll get used to it. Have you met many people? Not sure if it's me but am not finding many poms in the area?