Guest MattUK83

ICT in Perth

Guest MattUK83

Hi All,

Just a quick one, I am a IT Architect (mainly service orientated and infrastructure type projects), from what I understand, Australia is a little short of people with my skill set, especially in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, however, I was wondering, does Perth have a thriving IT employment market?

Just trying to get a feel. Applied for my visa, and I am now trying to figure out where I would like to settle!

Cheers

Hi

Is you search for IT roles on seek there's

Sydney - 7563

Melbourne - 4953

Brisbane - 2342

Perth - 1327

Adelaide - 459

Sydney & Melbourne have long been the major IT hubs with most large companies having their head offices and data centres there.

Just to add to Cerberus' post above, many of the mining/gas companies are now recruiting more and more IT professionals within Perth (my partner works in this field), so there are a larger number of roles but with the volume of migrants coming into the area, there is also more competition.

Hudson is probably the main IT recruitment agency in the Perth area.

Guest pabloadriang

Surflen22 hi you know web address this IT agency? Thanks

Guest inaroundroom

I would say that considering how "booming" Perth is there isn't that many IT jobs around, definitely do not hear people struggling to fill roles.

If you were to look at seek for any period of time you would notice a lot of jobs are posted with multiple agents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk