Good schools in and around Wantirna, VIC

Guest DawnieCC

Guest DawnieCC

Hi guys!!

very new to all this forum stuff so bear with me!! I'm planning on making the massive move to the Melbourne area with my two boys, 11 and 3, in late March next year. I've got a job offer from a Hospital in Wantirna. I'm trying to find Kindy near to work for the wee man and a good Primary School for my 11 year old. Just don't know where to start in looking for decent, affordable suburbs with good schools that are not too far away. I think 45 mins travel to work in the car is the furthest I would consider. Any help or advice would be great, thanks...

:biggrin::twitcy::confused:

Assuming it is Knox Private or the palliative care hospital opposite , you could look either towards Ringwood, Mitcham or Glen Waverley or Vermont. All those are good areas and the schools are all pretty good. I would look at Wantirna South too, near Knox City Shops. Avoid the centre of Ringwood, go more East Ringwood or North or even Heathmont. Avoid Boronia, Bayswater and be careful with The Basin. I have lived in the area for 37 years now and some places get a bad reputation , not always deserved admittedly, but if you have open choice you might as well choose a good area. Having said that, nowhere near Wantirna is bad- just nuances.

I live in Heathmont next door to Wantirna, and am also doing a building project in Wantirna. The area behind the Knox Hospital is good (off the Mountain Highway, around the Barmah Drive/ Harold St area - there is a primary school closeby. It is close to Eastlink and shops wise there is the Eastland shops and Knox Westfield. North Ringwood (Oban Road etc) is also nice, and some nice primary schools. Some good catholic schools nearby too (Aquinas in Ringwood). If you are going to Wantirna Health it is just across from the Knox Hospital and is nice (for a palliative unit). Also there is Maroondah Hospital not far up the road in Ringwood.