Guest Keocat

Different Rules for Drivers - be aware of you'll get a ticket!!

This is a rule that I think should be adopted in the UK too. When you are parked between 2 cars facing the other way you cannot exit into the correct flow of traffic without crossing the oncoming traffic. You are in the drivers seat which offers inferior viewing particularly when you are parked between 2 cars. It is a sensible rule IMO and a lot of people get caught out by it.

This rule did exist in the U.K at least it did when I took my driving test years ago.

It also used to be an offence to park on pavements.

But now parking on pavements seems to be accepted and encouraged in some parts of London.

You can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

When you're at a junction and the red filter light goes out (but doesn't turn green), means you can turn right if it's safe to do so.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Got the shock of my life yesterday,recieved a letter from the N.T police asking.................If I was OK and informing the driver who cut me up on a roundabout on Monday was being charged with dangerous driving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06.30 Monday morning I was dropping hubby off for a trip out bush,slowed down in the left lane to turn left at a roundabout.A ute was on my right side just as I was about to turn he cut straight across me to turn left nearly taking my front end off.

Didn't really think too much about ( apart from holding my hand down on the horn and muttering about useless Ozzie drivers ) until I recieved the letter.It really made my day.An unmarked car was sat behind me and had videoed the inciident.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Guest TTAJ

I got told off the other day by a RANGER ?? for facing the wrong way at school it was our first day and he was not happy i didnt know the rule said it was unacceptable and that us english should not be driving untill we know the rules _true but what an ar$$£ neverthe less i will look for a road book i have only been in WA 4 weeks.

The driving here is toataly crazy in my oppinion they are nutters and i have been told they can apply for a driving licence at 15 here !!!!!

I got told off the other day by a RANGER ?? for facing the wrong way at school it was our first day and he was not happy i didnt know the rule said it was unacceptable and that us english should not be driving untill we know the rules _true but what an ar$$£ neverthe less i will look for a road book i have only been in WA 4 weeks.

The driving here is toataly crazy in my oppinion they are nutters and i have been told they can apply for a driving licence at 15 here !!!!!

You won't do that again, eh! Shame the ranger had to be knob'ead about it.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Don't assume that you can "turn left on red after stopping" at all junctions just because at one junction there was a sign that said so. My Aussie OH has to remind me this after being here for a few weeks. Luckily I don't go out in the car much.:biglaugh:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.